Am I crazy for wanting this? Is it even possible?

andross182

So I have two guitars, a core Custom 24 with a Pattern Regular neck, and a core Tremonti with a Pattern Thin neck, and while I enjoy playing both guitars there is one thing I would change....

You see, the Pattern Regular neck feels like it was made for MY hand, it fits perfectly, is comfortable, nothing is a big stretch, and to quote Apple...it just works. When I play the Tremonti, if I play it exclusively for a few days I get used to the neck, but as soon as I pick up my Custom 24 my brain goes "ahhhhh this is so much better!".

So that brings me to my crazy idea...I know the PTC does neck recarving, but is it possible to convert the Pattern Thin neck to a Pattern Regular carve? Or do the dimensions differ so much that it wouldn't work?

I bought the Tremonti because of the thinner neck to begin with, as I had a les paul that the fatter neck drove me crazy on, so the Pattern cut was out, I just wish they would offer Pattern Regular necks on single cuts, but alas, compromise had to happen.

Anyone go this route before?

i will take a stab, I believe you may have answered you own question. The Pattern still has enough wood to reduce the curve to a thin. The other bummer part is PTC will not replace the neck. You hope is to find a SC with the neck curve you want to commission a build with a dealer.

You could get the PTC to narrow the nut width on the Tremonti to be the same width as your CU24, but the neck would still be thinner front to back. There's no way to add beef once you're removed it. And trust me, I am an expert on beef.

The Pattern Regular is 1/32" smaller width wise BUT the Pattern reg it is 1/16th thicker so NO you can't get from Pattern Reg to Pattern thin

WIDTH OF THE FRETBOARD AT THE NUT:

• Pattern, Wide Fat - 1 11/16"
  • Pattern Thin, Wide Thin - 1 11/16"
  • Pattern Regular, Regular - 1 21/32"
  • 12 String - 1 47/64"
WIDTH AT THE BODY

• Pattern, Wide Fat - 2 1/4"
  • Pattern Thin, Wide Thin - 2 1/4"
  • Pattern Regular, Regular - 2 1/4"
  • 12 String - 2 19/64"
NECK DEPTH AT THE NUT

• Pattern, Wide Fat - 27/32"
  • Pattern Thin, Wide Thin - 25/32"
  • Pattern Regular, Regular - 27/32"
  • 12 String - 27/32"

There's no way to add beef once you're removed it. And trust me, I am an expert on beef.

Millions of yo-yo dieters wish this was true...

But it is about the necks. If I were to do a second PS build right now, it's be a Tremonti w/a DGT neck (and regular frets).

I figured that was the case...man I with they would add the option for a pattern reg neck on the single cuts...that would be amazing!

Millions of yo-yo dieters wish this was true...

But it is about the necks. If I were to do a second PS build right now, it's be a Tremonti w/a DGT neck (and regular frets).
Why with regular frets, are they usually jumbo on the Tremonti? Iv always thought they were bcs they feel like my custom 24. My custom 24 was refretted to stainless jumbos.

Back