All knobs are set to 11 today in Stevensville.....

What do you think? Sounds metal to my ears.

Sounded quite heavy. My only question was about cleans. That seems to have been answered.

Gonna have to find out some details about this. I don't like my odds of avoiding it. :rock:

I'm wondering why PRS hates me...this, the CU24 Floyd w/the \m/ pups and ebony fretboard (although I'm less interested in that - I just wish it had been available before).

How cool would an autographed pic of those four guys be with the amp?

Just watched the demo video.

I'm doomed. :rock:

Aw man!.......................Where's the boost switch? :iamconfused::dontknow:

Want a boost? PICK HARDER.
Zork-Metal-Smiley.gif

Question on this amp.
I have watched the video several times (please give us more vids!!!) and if I were to buy this amp later, with it being 50/100 watts, am I going to be able to turn it down enough to play in the home and still get that great sound?

Reason I ask is because I see it has a good setup with both a master volume and a channel volume.
So in theory you could crank up the volume channel and have the master set real low.
Will you get that great tone, or will you have to turn up both to get the tubes smokin' to get the great sound?

Question on this amp.
I have watched the video several times (please give us more vids!!!) and if I were to buy this amp later, with it being 50/100 watts, am I going to be able to turn it down enough to play in the home and still get that great sound?

Reason I ask is because I see it has a good setup with both a master volume and a channel volume.
So in theory you could crank up the volume channel and have the master set real low.
Will you get that great tone, or will you have to turn up both to get the tubes smokin' to get the great sound?

You should look into a power attenuator. :)

I've not seen many modern high gainers that need an attenuator or sound good with them. The master on most of them is good enough to get it down to lower volumes although you might need a boost/OD to warm it up at TV volumes. That being said, the 2 Channel H, was still so much better at higher volumes but I still don't consider it a modern high gainer like the Archon at least based on the clips.

Thanks guys, I would really like to see a video of this amp turned down to bedroom volumes and see if it still sounds good.

Maybe Shawn could get us a demo?
If it works good, my dealer will be getting a call.

Back