About to buy 1st PRS but "Final Check" initials missing -- is it an issue?

Luka K

Hey everyone,

I've been ogling a particluar PRS (SN 219885 assembled by CRE 7/13/15) and I noticed that the "Final Check" initials are missing, is this a huge deal? This thing is more expensive than my car so I want to be extra sure everything is legit.

The shop is listed as an official dealer and they have a wide range of PRS's, there's no question the instrument is a true PRS I'm just more worried if the incomplete tag reduces the value in anyway.

Thanks, and I can't wait to be a part of the PRS family! :)

You should send it to me. With the instrument in hand I can authenticate it's originality and authenticity , or determine if it is indeed a "ripoff" guitar. In which case I could properly dispose of it in my collection..aer... I mean... uh.. report it to the proper authorities.o_O

Hey everyone,

I've been ogling a particluar PRS (SN 219885 assembled by CRE 7/13/15) and I noticed that the "Final Check" initials are missing, is this a huge deal? This thing is more expensive than my car so I want to be extra sure everything is legit.

The shop is listed as an official dealer and they have a wide range of PRS's, there's no question the instrument is a true PRS I'm just more worried if the incomplete tag reduces the value in anyway.

Thanks, and I can't wait to be a part of the PRS family! :)

Your initials go there after you buy it and confirm how awesome it is.

Welcome to the forum, and I suspect you're good to go. What dealer?
Oh... and Luka... by any chance, do you live on the second floor?:rolleyes:
Just kidding. Again, welcome and when you get it pictures are mandatory round these parts.

Back