Anybody care to talk about anything PRS related?

Yeah \m/etal bridge and 59/09 has been my suspicion

But, like you said, that 53/10 is so warm and yes, Woody. I think so, too.
The problem is I don't know if it's a hot enough output.

Right now, I can't play to save my life but, ideally, I want to be able to do everything from Tremonti to Angus to Chuck to Zakk to Dimebag to professor Satchafunkilus to Skynyrd to Allmans to whatever bluesy flavored Rockin strikes my fancy.

While I haven't taken any time to learn slide, prioritizing normal playing, I will eventually learn slide.

While the \m/etal bridge would be great to mimic Tom Maxwell from those early HELLYEAH records, I know it won't do bottleneck blues very well.

I want one guitar to stomp ass over all others and now that I know that guitar is a PRS, I just need to nail down the pickup combination.

So many choices
You cannot choose poorly
But, that ultimate set is just so elusive to me...

:D:p:D
Could always move away from the metal bridge pickup and use a boost in front of the amp for more versatility too

Could always move away from the metal bridge pickup and use a boost in front of the amp for more versatility too

I was thinking metal pickup and overdrive in front of an Uberschall/Rectifier/Herbert/JCM800 2203 and then a boost for leads

I love distortion, and lots of it.

Metalheads talk about using pedals to hit the front of the amp just a little bit harder.
I want to hit it just a little bit harder than that

I'm not big on clean sounds.

I like Satch well enough, but there are higher levels on the scale than him.
And sadly most virtuosos barely sell out coffee shops.
But, I’m ok using this ranking system anyway. On a good day, 53. On a not so good day, 47. If I turn the lights low and play only my own stuff, I can trick people into thinking I’m 63.
Guitarguments. I am stealing that!

IDK boss. I been struggling since 04. That was when I got serious.

I say that there's 100 levels to guitar playing.

1-25 beginner
25-50 intermediate
50-75 Advanced
75-80 pro
80-85 skills that could sell out arenas
85-90 virtuoso
90-95 legend
95-99 unheard of talent
100 Satriani

I'm right there at level 20ish. People tell me I don't give myself enough credit. I think they're only being nice.

50 years?
Let me just say I would love to stand around jamming with you. Nobody can play for 50 years without getting extremely good. That's just not possible.

Would also relish the opportunity to just speak at length with you and learn from your decades upon decades of practicing. You could probably set me straight with most if not all of the things holding me back.

I think about it like this
If I woke up tomorrow and suddenly had the ability to play circles around Satriani, I would still be just a humble beginner. There's blues mastery to learn. Metal mayhem to learn. More Rock N Roll to learn. There's classical and flamenco to learn. There's things I don't even know exist that I could learn. There's acoustic things to learn. Bottleneck to learn. Then, there's tuning the guitar sideways to learn.

And then, I would have to learn how and when to incorporate all of these things to make auditory musical sense

I like Satch well enough, but there are higher levels on the scale than him.
And sadly most virtuosos barely sell out coffee shops.
But, I’m ok using this ranking system anyway. On a good day, 53. On a not so good day, 47. If I turn the lights low and play only my own stuff, I can trick people into thinking I’m 63.

I wish I could play at a 35 on a good day

Live? Probably 0 cause that's how much experience I have

Yeah \m/etal bridge and 59/09 has been my suspicion

But, like you said, that 53/10 is so warm and yes, Woody. I think so, too.
The problem is I don't know if it's a hot enough output.

Right now, I can't play to save my life but, ideally, I want to be able to do everything from Tremonti to Angus to Chuck to Zakk to Dimebag to professor Satchafunkilus to Skynyrd to Allmans to whatever bluesy flavored Rockin strikes my fancy.

While I haven't taken any time to learn slide, prioritizing normal playing, I will eventually learn slide.

While the \m/etal bridge would be great to mimic Tom Maxwell from those early HELLYEAH records, I know it won't do bottleneck blues very well.

I want one guitar to stomp ass over all others and now that I know that guitar is a PRS, I just need to nail down the pickup combination.

So many choices
You cannot choose poorly
But, that ultimate set is just so elusive to me...

:D:p:D
5909 is great w/ the \m/, I like the 5708 even better. Haven’t played 5310 enough to say.

Cuz I'm Canadian...
I want a big beaver instead of the dragon or eagle.:D
A maple neck... duh!
A whale shaped body, cuz I like savin' whales.
A maple leaf shaped headstock
A TRC that says EH?
And inlays that spell out "I'm sorry".

I'd rather have a little beaver but, still very frequently.

Big beavers are no good. Like throwing a hot dog down a hallway...

And for Cannuckville pronunciation, I'd have it say "Sorey":p

Let me just say I would love to stand around jamming with you. Nobody can play for 50 years without getting extremely good. That's just not possible.

Trust me when I say it’s possible to play for 50 years and not get good. I’m living proof!

Think of it this way; my mom - who’s 94 - drove a car for nearly 80 years, but I wouldn’t put her in a Formula One race.

No, absolutely not.

Let her start on the smaller circuits like everybody else.

Yep. She's gonna have to start in Formula 3. Unless she's got a ton of money and sponsor backing to buy her way in. Even with that she's still looking at being a development driver...sitting on the sidelines waiting for someone to crash and get hurt...:(

Cuz I'm Canadian...
A maple neck... duh!
A TRC that says EH?

Take off, eh!

Cuz I'm Canadian...
A maple neck... duh!
A TRC that says EH?

I'd rather have a little beaver but, still very frequently.

Big beavers are no good. Like throwing a hot dog down a hallway...

And for Cannuckville pronunciation, I'd have it say "Sorey":p

Back