Anybody care to talk about anything PRS related?

Tremontinator

Banned
Hi all. I need a distraction.

How about them PRS guitars? They're really something, ain't they? Really spiffy and fancy. Great tone. Great feel. Great Playability.

What's your dream guitar?

I want a totally custom one off Private Stock unlike anything that's ever been done before:

Single Cut body
LP control layout just like Tremonti and Mc594 models
\m/ bridge pup
Something bluesy in the neck
No coil tap crap. I'm completely over the single coil thing. I like humbuckers. More power to anybody who wants a single coil. I like that fat humbucker tone.

So check this out
Ultra thin unfinished Mahogany neck through mahogany body
Maple cap? Yes, please!
String through body
24 fret Maple fretboard which will discolor and age in the places where you play the most notes

Ivory lookin star inlays

Y'all remember the dragon?

https://www.prsguitars.com/index.ph...ical_instrument_museums_dragons_vines_exhibit

Take that guitar, and make it an American Bald Eagle!!!!

#MERICA!

Except, don't use flamed maple. You can't see the flame so, that's just wasteful of beautiful woods. Use plain maple.

Fill in the rest of the body with sky blue

Truss Rod Cover:

U
S
A

12th fret inlay:
"GOD BLESS"

24th fret inlay:
"AMERICA"

Headstock:
No logos, no inlays, no nothing. Just the Statue Of Liberty on there

Back of headstock:
Autographed by PRSh and Paul Miles!

Tell me that wouldn't be a killer guitar!

Me: Opens case, attaches strap with strap locks

Still me: Plays the tuning song

Me again: Plays The Star Spangled Banner

Really need a distraction right now. Somebody talk about PRSi with me.

Dream amplifier??

I have an MT15 so, Archon is next as far as PRSa

Lately I've been getting the most mileage out of the excellent PRS paisley strap. Haven't been playing my PRS guitars much.

Keep those PS dreams going. All of that is doable, except neck-through. Might have to sell a non-essential bodily organ on the black market, but doable. :p

I still like the idea of what I call the PS Paul Mason. Basically a Paul's guitar with trem, but korina body, maple neck, middle pickup and Brent Mason wiring.

I’ve yet to play a neck-through that sounds any good, but PRS won’t do a neck-through guitar anyway, so you’re good. ;)

I’d suspect the reason has to do with the way Paul wants PRS guitars to sound.

Curious why you want a neck through the body and string through the body?

With the grade of wood PRS uses on a core and especially PS, they will all resonate and sustain beautifully. Ditto with their materials for bridge choices.

I’ve played neck through body guitars before, but not string through body guitars.

As far as dream PS build, I got mine last year ;) Many fine guitars were sacrificed but I’d definitely do it again!

P245 Trem, full Braz neck, pattern vintage carve, 59/09s, Ocean Mist Glow on quilt. My version of Alex Lifeson Axcess LP :)

Excuse the bad photo - was visiting my folks but still the only decent full shot I have :oops:
48_CEF1_D0-5_FB9-4_BA3-_BB2_D-642_AC3_CA1527.jpg

so right, and i have played more than a few wanting it to happen. i still kind of would have one of those weird graphite lobsters parker used to make, but only if it didn’t have eagles and stars like a redneck license plate frame.

I’ve yet to play a neck-through that sounds any good, but PRS won’t do a neck-through guitar anyway, so you’re good. ;)

Lately I've been getting the most mileage out of the excellent PRS paisley strap. Haven't been playing my PRS guitars much.

Keep those PS dreams going. All of that is doable, except neck-through. Might have to sell a non-essential bodily organ on the black market, but doable. :p

I still like the idea of what I call the PS Paul Mason. Basically a Paul's guitar with trem, but korina body, maple neck, middle pickup and Brent Mason wiring.

I just use whatever 2" wide strap is cheapest. The the only thing that doesn't have any effect on tone

I really don't think neck joint has a massive effect on tone. Noticeable? Perhaps.

Curious why you want a neck through the body and string through the body?

With the grade of wood PRS uses on a core and especially PS, they will all resonate and sustain beautifully. Ditto with their materials for bridge choices.

I’ve played neck through body guitars before, but not string through body guitars.

As far as dream PS build, I got mine last year ;) Many fine guitars were sacrificed but I’d definitely do it again!

P245 Trem, full Braz neck, pattern vintage carve, 59/09s, Ocean Mist Glow on quilt. My version of Alex Lifeson Axcess LP :)

Excuse the bad photo - was visiting my folks but still the only decent full shot I have :oops:
48_CEF1_D0-5_FB9-4_BA3-_BB2_D-642_AC3_CA1527.jpg

She's ridiculous, bro!

I love blue on quilt. Looks like the Caribbean sea!

What's that mini toggle?

59/09s are basically a 59 Lester Polsfus signature P.A.F., yeah?

Dude, I just thought of this:
What if Les Paul himself had switched to PRSi? lol

I just use whatever 2" wide strap is cheapest. The the only thing that doesn't have any effect on tone

I still use two Ernie Ball nylon straps bought in the mid-90's. I'm pretty positive these things will outlive all of us by a long shot. I use a black one with my SE One and a silver one on an s-type guitar.

When I got my 594 a couple years ago, it was easily the most beautiful thing I've ever owned, so I got fancy and got a PRS black leather strap. And once you go fancy, it's hard to go back.

All y'all asking about neck and string through

Have you ever played a neck through? Superb access and added sustain

String through isn't all that common
Adds sustain
Looks cool

In today's market, I'm pipe dreaming about a guitar that would cost 15 stacks no matter what brand is on the headstock. By the time I'm actually in a position where I can order it, with inflation, I'm probably dreaming about something that would cost closer to 25.

For that kind of money, it damn well better be exactly 10,000% what I want, no ifs ands or buts about it.

However, all of this being said, and thinking more realistically
I am also dreaming about an identical guitar with a flat murder black finish and either neon green or blood red hardware and an Ebony board with blood red or neon green birds.

Or black and emerald green burst over a ridiculous Quilt top and retain the maple board with blackout birds or emerald looking birds.

I wish PRS would do Explorer and/or SG bodies, too.
Don't get me wrong, I love the DC and SC shapes but, I've always wanted an Explorer shape and I'd jump at the chance to buy another SG if it was a killer instrument

I still use two Ernie Ball nylon straps bought in the mid-90's. I'm pretty positive these things will outlive all of us by a long shot. I use a black one with my SE One and a silver one on an s-type guitar.

When I got my 594 a couple years ago, it was easily the most beautiful thing I've ever owned, so I got fancy and got a PRS black leather strap. And once you go fancy, it's hard to go back.

That's why I have deliberately stayed away from fancy

She's ridiculous, bro!

I love blue on quilt. Looks like the Caribbean sea!

What's that mini toggle?

59/09s are basically a 59 Lester Polsfus signature P.A.F., yeah?

Dude, I just thought of this
What if Les Paul himself had switched to PRSi? lol
Thanks - the toggle is for the piezo. P245 model number means 24.5” scale length, SC, Piezo.

59/09s are hotter 57/08s, which are beasically ‘hot’ PAFs as you indicate. I feel those pickups worked best with Braz necks for crunchy rock style I like to butcher, er, play :)

All y'all asking about neck and string through

Have you ever played a neck through? Superb access and added sustain

String through isn't all that common
Adds sustain
Looks cool

In today's market, I'm pipe dreaming about a guitar that would cost 15 stacks no matter what brand is on the headstock. By the time I'm actually in a position where I can order it, with inflation, I'm probably dreaming about something that would cost closer to 25.

For that kind of money, it damn well better be exactly 10,000% what I want, no ifs ands or buts about it.

However, all of this being said, and thinking more realistically
I am also dreaming about an identical guitar with a flat murder black finish and either neon green or blood red hardware and an Ebony board with blood red or neon green birds.

Or black and emerald green burst over a ridiculous Quilt top and retain the maple board with blackout birds or emerald looking birds.

I wish PRS would do Explorer and/or SG bodies, too.
Don't get me wrong, I love the DC and SC shapes but, I've always wanted an Explorer shape and I'd jump at the chance to buy another SG if it was a killer instrument
Hmmm....I’ve never been wanting for access nor sustain on any of my PRS, but then again I don’t really have the chops for spending a lot of time way up the neck!

Thanks - the toggle is for the piezo. P245 model number means 24.5” scale length, SC, Piezo.

59/09s are hotter 57/08s, which are beasically ‘hot’ PAFs as you indicate. I feel those pickups worked best with Braz necks for crunchy rock style I like to butcher, er, play :)

Ah. I see.
But, does that neck pickup wail and cry with the blues? That is the question.

I know my dream guitar would have the \m/etal bridge pickup but, I'm not entirely sure what would go in the neck. I just know it has to be dripping with blues tones

Hmmm....I’ve never been wanting for access nor sustain on any of my PRS, but then again I don’t really have the chops for spending a lot of time way up the neck!

Not with that attitude, you don't.

I'm still just a beginner. Barely starting to get the basic ideas of playing leads in my head. Can't play fast, can't make up my own leads. Really horrendous sounding.

But, I know what feels incredible.

Back