About Those Northern Lights...

Les, I've seen you post about this incoming and have restrained about commenting.

I have to say I'm wayyyy too excited about you getting this guitar than any sane person should be. This guitar ticks all my boxes, and the fact that it's going to a guy who can reliably and accurately describe what's going on with it is just a cherry on top (plus he's one of the good guys so I'm super pumped for you too).

Thx guys!

This guitar ticks all my boxes, and the fact that it's going to a guy who can reliably and accurately describe what's going on with it is just a cherry on top (plus he's one of the good guys so I'm super pumped for you too).

I've hoped they'd build something like this ever since they came out with he 408s, too! Plus...24.6" scale length, I love the 5-way switch, and my goodness, it sure is purty!

Ooh, I didn't realize it has a shorter scale! I really feel comfortable with my KL's shorter scale, hope you like it.

I'm also looking forward to your thoughts on the Gen III trem.

This is such an intersting guitar!!!

Fatter back and slimmer top, and a 24.6" scale length yell OLD LES PAUL but the 408s & NF pickups and electronics yell MODERN PRS, whereas the middle pickup yells... LP Custom, being a (narrow) humbucker? Or is it a fender, due to the 5-position blade? AAAARRRHHH, my mind is spinning!!! :-D

That's just crazy beautiful. Congrats Les...looking forward to the "tone autopsy".

Thx guys!

I've hoped they'd build something like this ever since they came out with he 408s, too! Plus...24.6" scale length, I love the 5-way switch, and my goodness, it sure is purty!
I'm interested in the switching config of this one; they didn't go Siggy styles with the mini-toggles, so wondering if pos 2-4 are splapped, or if the 408s remain in full HB mode.. ?

I'm interested in the switching config of this one; they didn't go Siggy styles with the mini-toggles, so wondering if pos 2-4 are splapped, or if the 408s remain in full HB mode.. ?

Honestly, I don't know! I forgot to ask - the darn thing just looked so awesome.

Since I'm new here, what's the backstory to this guitar?

These are the guitars PRS just released for the 20th Anniversary of their Private Stock program. I'll have it next week and will give a full report. They only made a few of them, and they came in 4 colors, but I don't know what the other colors are.

I know, I should have asked all these questions, right? But...I didn't. I saw the three pickups, and the other specs, and I went ga-ga and placed an order for the one my dealer had coming in.

Ooh, I didn't realize it has a shorter scale! I really feel comfortable with my KL's shorter scale, hope you like it.

I'm also looking forward to your thoughts on the Gen III trem.

I have the shorter scale on the McCarty Singlecut, and grew up with Gibbys, so I'm sure it'll feel very natural for me. And yeah, I'm looking forward to using that trem and reporting back on it.

It's kind of an adventure, a guitar like this that's different, even for PRS.

Back