Lampshade knobs look dinky

Your post makes me wonder just how bad a knurled metal knob would on a PRS. I have them on my Suhr carve top customs and they don't look too bad on those. I think that is because the bridges are chrome and the chrome knobs are close enough to the bridge that it seems to tie it together.
They look pretty good on my DW Ltd Hardtail (which I never did a NGD for!).

I'm sure they'd look fine, but not quite as uniquely PRS. They're probably also available in nickel as well as chrome, so you can get them to match if so desired.

I'd change them out if I toured and needed to get the knobs pulled up quickly. In the studio there's plenty of time to just deal with the lampshades.

The perfect solution would be if PRS simply put a tiny flange around the top edge of the knob, you could easily grab it. Their guitars are so detail oriented, it surprises me that no one at PRS has done it, since the rest of the guitars have ergonomics covered in spades. All you'd need to do is have it add to the ability to pull up - it could be nearly invisible so as not to spoil the look.
That would be an elegant solution. Next to the fact that I am not really into split sounds, using the push pull knob is too much of a hassle. Push push would solve that IMO, but probably the quality would not be up to standard soundwise or rugged enough.

That would be an elegant solution. Next to the fact that I am not really into split sounds, using the push pull knob is too much of a hassle.

I'm not much of a coil split guy, either, but there are times...

Push push would solve that IMO

Some like both pushing and pulling, Antoninus...

Besides, it's about all the exercise I get.

Your post makes me wonder just how bad a knurled metal knob would on a PRS. I have them on my Suhr carve top customs and they don't look too bad on those. I think that is because the bridges are chrome and the chrome knobs are close enough to the bridge that it seems to tie it together.

I'm sure they'd look fine, but not quite as uniquely PRS. They're probably also available in nickel as well as chrome, so you can get them to match if so desired.

I put these on my 35th Anniversary SE to replace the speed knobs. Obviously, with the mini toggles there's no push/pull anyhow, but I had replaced the pickups with covered 58/15 S ones, and figured I'd up the chrome look, and also liked how these matched the neck inlays

35th-Mods.jpg

35th-Abalone-detail.jpg

Back