A Pair of Blues

Tucson Thump

Mint Heavy Relic
While I haven't consciously pursued blue guitars they seem to have come my way.

These two have come courtesy of Brett at Eddie's.

The newest is the WL 594 with the rosewood neck and cocobolo fretboard. The color is River Blue and the back is a dark Tobacco transparent that allows the grain to be seen. This wood combination is resonant and I am amazed at much vibration I can feel in my fretting hand and how long that vibration lasts ... noticeably longer than with the mahogany neck on the other 594 10 top that I have. I never would have thought about cocobolo as a fretboard wood but it pairs nicely with the EIRW neck and offers a nice separation of the treble notes. Very happy with the WL choices!

The Santana is a Faded Whale Blue with a black back.

I am continually amazed at how Paul's passion is evident in his guitars.

That's a great pair. I'm on a Santana kick right now. I think they are a well kept secret. Love that one. But, I really love the back on that 594

While I haven't consciously pursued blue guitars they seem to have come my way.

These two have come courtesy of Brett at Eddie's.

The newest is the WL 594 with the rosewood neck and cocobolo fretboard. The color is River Blue and the back is a dark Tobacco transparent that allows the grain to be seen. This wood combination is resonant and I am amazed at much vibration I can feel in my fretting hand and how long that vibration lasts ... noticeably longer than with the mahogany neck on the other 594 10 top that I have. I never would have thought about cocobolo as a fretboard wood but it pairs nicely with the EIRW neck and offers a nice separation of the treble notes. Very happy with the WL choices!

The Santana is a Faded Whale Blue with a black back.

I am continually amazed at how Paul's passion is evident in his guitars.

Thank you for the shout-out!

I hate to pick favorites from our WL run... But, that River Blue is just stunning in every way. Seeing them come to life (even getting to catch some mid-production when we did our last run) has been an incredible experience that I feel very fortunate to have been a part of. Also on a side-note, I didn't realize how cool the headstock overlay was on it as well. The orange grain patterns on the side of the headstock really send that over the top for me.

That one really captures all the things I wanted for these guitars on this run. I'm glad it is in good hands!

ps. That Santana isn't too shabby either... How long ago did you grab that one from us?

Back