A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
A brief pause from the derail: 24 hours after second dose, I am packing snacks for a 5-7 hour bike ride tomorrow (Ride to Conquer Cancer). I did take an extra hour of sleep this morning. Mrs, however, was up long enough to have breakfast before going back to bed with a migraine.
Enjoy the ride. Hope to see some pics.

A brief pause from the derail: 24 hours after second dose, I am packing snacks for a 5-7 hour bike ride tomorrow (Ride to Conquer Cancer). I did take an extra hour of sleep this morning. Mrs, however, was up long enough to have breakfast before going back to bed with a migraine.

So the vaccine gives a person's spouse migraines. Got it.

Well, I'm thinking our pal has left for other pastures. Oop, nope, he's back for more.

There's a certain clip from South Park involving a particular alert and a triangle, but I'm not going there.

Because he's not the one on here talking poopoo. YOU need to prove your stuff, not bring me internet clips from hucksters and loonies who prey on gullibles. Notice I never had to post clips or photos from other people, I know the science. So, not to toot my horn or anything, I can see why you don't want to debate me.

Still waiting for you to blow me away with your prowess on my math test. Just a refresher:

1. What are the angles of a triangle with sides 1, 1, and 1?
2. What is 5 divided by 0?
3. Is 10 the the power -17 a negative or positive number?
BONUS: How many meters are in a kilometer?

I also have a question involving unladen swallows, but we'll start small.
I love your science :)
"Help the poor dragon build up his hoard of treasures! Let his followers bring him the treasure he wants, but smite down the fools who carry the treasures he does not like! Be careful or you will incur the rage of the dragon"

"Help the poor dragon build up his hoard of treasures! Let his followers bring him the treasure he wants, but smite down the fools who carry the treasures he does not like! Be careful or you will incur the rage of the dragon"
There is no treasure the Dragon does not like....unless it isn't really treasure...

Yup. You ought to remember those words next time you bring me your truth turds. Also, its not "my" science, it is science, period.

Still waiting on an answer to my litmus test. If you don't know the answers, just say so. No harm in admitting your'e out of your league.

The problem with the earth rotating and an atmosphere that isn't attached. You would have constant winds and storms on the surface. It would lag behind. Of course how would you explain the atmosphere travelling at many times the speed of the surface trying to keep up. Oh and the atmosphere does move in all ways because of weather patterns. Kind of seems like a stationary earth doesn't it? Not moving at 1000 mph.

The problem with the earth rotating and an atmosphere that isn't attached. You would have constant winds and storms on the surface. It would lag behind. Of course how would you explain the atmosphere travelling at many times the speed of the surface trying to keep up. Oh and the atmosphere does move in all ways because of weather patterns. Kind of seems like a stationary earth doesn't it? Not moving at 1000 mph.

So going back to my jumping in a truck analogy, when you jump off the bed, you aren't attached to the truck anymore, yet you still move with it and land back in the bed. Why is that? Ponder for a while, but I still want my test answered...

Also, you seem to not understand what angular speed is. When you say 1000mph winds, the only place that makes any sense is the equator. As you go up the surface of the Earth, the angular speed decreases until you reach basically reach near zero at the poles. That's why for rotating bodies we don't measure their speed in distance over time but in terms of rotations over time. The rotational period of the earth is once a day. It takes an hour to move 15 degrees. Try this at home: stick your arm out and move it fifteen degrees in a hour and tell me how fast that appears.

Anyway, the drift measured by fiber optic gyros, equatorial mount telescopes being a thing, and the Coriolis effect being real and observable is enough to disprove a stationary Earth. Another thing that disproves stationary Earth is the Eötvös effect. To put it in simplest terms I can, there is a minor gravitational effect alteration based on what direction you travel in, be it West against the rotation of the Earth, or with it towards the East. In fact, gold dealers need to adjust for it because their shipment will have a different weight while traveling West than at rest or if headed Eastward based on this. Considering the price of gold, the price variation can be seen quite clearly in the cost of the sample.

I believe in Chess, they call this a check. Well, really its checkmate, just I'm dealing with a guy who thinks pooping on the board creates more chess pieces.

Last edited:

Picked this up at a bookstore tonight. Seemed somehow important/appropriate.

June2021_Cover.png

So going back to my jumping in a truck analogy, when you jump off the bed, you aren't attached to the truck anymore, yet you still move with it and land back in the bed. Why is that? Ponder for a while, but I still want my test answered...

Also, you seem to not understand what angular speed is. When you say 1000mph winds, the only place that makes any sense is the equator. As you go up the surface of the Earth, the angular speed decreases until you reach basically reach near zero at the poles. That's why for rotating bodies we don't measure their speed in distance over time but in terms of rotations over time. The rotational period of the earth is once a day. It takes an hour to move 15 degrees. Try this at home: stick your arm out and move it fifteen degrees in a hour and tell me how fast that appears.

Anyway, the drift measured by fiber optic gyros, equatorial mount telescopes being a thing, and the Coriolis effect being real and observable is enough to disprove a stationary Earth. Another thing that disproves stationary Earth is the Eötvös effect. To put it in simplest terms I can, there is a minor gravitational effect alteration based on what direction you travel in, be it West against the rotation of the Earth, or with it towards the East. In fact, gold dealers need to adjust for it because their shipment will have a different weight while traveling West than at rest or if headed Eastward based on this. Considering the price of gold, the price variation can be seen quite clearly in the cost of the sample.

I believe in Chess, they call this a check. Well, really its checkmate, just I'm dealing with a guy who thinks pooping on the board creates more chess pieces.
We ain't on a globe earth anyway I'm just saying 700 miles in N America is pretty significant on the outside not at the core. You can make up all the word salad you want but until you go up in space in your Tesla and take a selfie it ain't gonna fly (pun intended) I guess it would be 72 degrees up there because of the climate control system in the car lol. Why don't you debate Witsit? Seems like a totally reasonable guy. I guess he just knows more than you so he must be crazy huh? Your truck analogy doesn't work with air, it doesn't stay in the truck. That vacuum of space really brings up something no one can explain. Why wouldn't it suck all the air out of earth, along with your smartass? Suck on that Hoover! I'm done for now, have a nice weekend all.

We ain't on a globe earth anyway I'm just saying 700 miles in N America is pretty significant on the outside not at the core. You can make up all the word salad you want but until you go up in space in your Tesla and take a selfie it ain't gonna fly (pun intended) I guess it would be 72 degrees up there because of the climate control system in the car lol. Why don't you debate Witsit? Seems like a totally reasonable guy. I guess he just knows more than you so he must be crazy huh? Your truck analogy doesn't work with air, it doesn't stay in the truck. That vacuum of space really brings up something no one can explain. Why wouldn't it suck all the air out of earth, along with your smartass? Suck on that Hoover! I'm done for now, have a nice weekend all.
So to translate...youre running away. Marvellous. When you get yer big boy pants back on, Ill be waiting.

Your truck analogy doesn't work with air, it doesn't stay in the truck.

Sorry, I had to single this one out...my goodness, you are a dense one. Do you even know what the word analogy means? By your logic, the minute I hop in the air on a moving vehicle, I should either fly off the vehicle or be plastered at the back if its a closed cabin. High speed rail train cars would be an absolute death trap. Everybody would be thrown against the back wall. C'mon man.

Yet....yet somehow, I still have hope for you. I think you can come back to reality, and I'm willing to try.

W...Your truck analogy doesn't work with air, it doesn't stay in the truck. That vacuum of space really brings up something no one can explain. Why wouldn't it suck all the air out of earth, along with your smartass? ...
I'll have a go, but with little expectation of success.

Gravity (whether it exists or not), is the reason. That and the earth's magnetic field. So, since you discount many physical phenomena, I don't know which ones to employ and which ones to leave alone. I will assume you still believe the air gets thinner as you go up in altitude. It's harder to breath at Mile high stadium than Miami beach. If we can agree there, we have a starting point. The air is more dense at sea level that at high altitude, because gravity is pulling those molecules toward earth. Your expectation that the "vacuum of space" would suck it all up assumes the vacuum of space is like the vacuum on your carpet. It is not. In order to have the ability to suck it would need to have hard 3 dimensional walls to operate against. All the "vacuum" is in space (I know, doesn't exist, but if it did), is very low density molecular gas. There is no gradient to create a real vacuum.

Lately, the earths magnetic field prevents the solar wind (I know, another thing that doesn't exist) from sweeping away our atmosphere. It's what happened to Mars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back