A little over 24 hours in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rails? Oh, we are beyond rails, this is Mario Kart now.

Anyway, forum mods, if we go too far we'll shut the circus down. Till then, I assume all systems go, and thus the show goes on.
Look at the bright side, the thread has over 4000 views :D

Yeah this looks like it went to the moon.
NASA.Apollo.11.Lunar_.Module.1969.AS11-40-5922.jpg

Oh that's cool. I think JPL did the last rover tests in Nevada.
I think that area is better suited for Mars tests.
Our mines cleaned up their act quite a bit in the last 50 years. Some of it might have been the shame of turning lush forests into barren wasteland, but I think the big ticket was the lakes in one of our biggest parks were becoming clear all the way to the bottom - kind of cool to look at, until it clicked in that they were clear because all life was gone. Acid rain had killed everything in them.

I think that area is better suited for Mars tests.
Our mines cleaned up their act quite a bit in the last 50 years. Some of it might have been the shame of turning lush forests into barren wasteland, but I think the big ticket was the lakes in one of our biggest parks were becoming clear all the way to the bottom - kind of cool to look at, until it clicked in that they were clear because all life was gone. Acid rain had killed everything in them.
Oh my. That's really sad. Glad its been turned around. I fear its happening here in the US, except instead of clearing land for mines its farmland for either livestock or feed for livestock.

Nah, I've got some real science for you.

Yeah, seen it, along with the rest of Bowden's videos. He has no idea what he's talking about. Anyway, so you are not going to answer my test? Is it because...you can't? Those are questions children from elementary thru high school can answer. At least give it a go. If you don't even know what five over zero is (you can literally put it in a calculator to get the answer), you have no business telling me anything about science.

BTW, I also seem to recall you basically inviting me to a debate then saying you didn't want to once you saw I knew my stuff. I think you know you got nothing and your'e trying to make like a tree while keeping face.

Addendum. For those of you who are curious what Airy's Failure is....basically Sir George Biddell Airy did an experiment in 1871 that had to do with stellar aberration by measuring the drag of light from a star overhead. Only problem is...he used a telescope filled with water because at that time is was thought that space was filled with a liquid matter called aether. Because this drag was not detected, it is often used, along with the similar Michelson-Morley experiment later, as proof the Earth is stationary. Like I said, the experiment hinged on the presupposition that space is filled with water-like aether. Obviously, its not. Based on that presupposition, it was concluded that the heliocentric model was incorrect. What they actually showed was the aether did not exist, paving the way for Einstein's relativity theories. Hope that's about right, kinda going by memory on that one.

Last edited:
:pI’m not seeing the ignored content, but I’m sure there’s some pseudoscience that will tell me how I used to take off from DFW in the morning, pass near the North Pole (does it exist?), spend a few hours over Siberia (which is so desolate that I believe the caribou have a suicide problem), and somehow find myself in China or South Korea the next afternoon after fourteen hours or so.
Then there’s the matter of leaving Asia in the early evening and somehow flying through a sunset, a sunrise, and arriving back in the States mid afternoon on the same day after twelve hours. Obviously, some kind of dickery was afoot. :rolleyes:

:pI’m not seeing the ignored content, but I’m sure there’s some pseudoscience that will tell me how I used to take off from DFW in the morning, pass near the North Pole (does it exist?), spend a few hours over Siberia (which is so desolate that I believe the caribou have a suicide problem), and somehow find myself in China or South Korea the next afternoon after fourteen hours or so.
Then there’s the matter of leaving Asia in the early evening and somehow flying through a sunset, a sunrise, and arriving back in the States mid afternoon on the same day after twelve hours. Obviously, some kind of dickery was afoot. :rolleyes:

Might as well be. It makes about as much sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back