85/15 pickups from CE24 into S2 24-08?

I just picked up a new S2 24-08 and I love everything about them except the pickups, I came across a good deal on a set of USA 85/15 but they don't have the green or red wires that the stock korean pickups have so I'm curious if it would be possible to install these and still make use of the switching system as I think it's brilliant. Any help here would be great thank you.

Last edited:
It depends on the 85/15s...some of are three wire (wire braid, hot, split) and are typically used in CE-24s with a toggle switch. Some 85/15s are four wire, as used in Custom 24s with a blade switch.

You will almost certainly need the four wire in order to properly exploit all the switching options.

It depends on the 85/15s...some of are three wire (wire braid, hot, split) and are typically used in CE-24s with a toggle switch. Some 85/15s are four wire, as used in Custom 24s with a blade switch.

You will almost certainly need the four wire in order to properly exploit all the switching options.

They are from a CE24, so they have just braided ground wire that the black wire comes out of, then the white wire. It was set for the three way toggle switch and the push pull tone pot for splitting the coil.

They are from a CE24, so they have just braided ground wire that the black wire comes out of, then the white wire. It was set for the three way toggle switch and the push pull tone pot for splitting the coil.
That should work perfectly fine in the S2 Custion 24-08. I have an S2 594 that I dropped a set of 58/25 LT's into and they have the braided wire and a white wire for the coil spit options. Take a look at the 594 McCarty wiring diagram as a reference.

Back