74 today! Think I'll build a guitar!

Can't get this to work. My own preference gets covered by the preview and I keep losing it. Basically just want a black border around all letters and capital L's of some sort.

Maybe a little more of a transparent gold so it looks more like an old Fender decal.
Could you set that up for me? Give an old man who's blind in one eye a hand?
I have access to ~100,000 fonts and can make them look like whatever you want ;~)) I will send you some examples in the next day or so!!

Can't get this to work. My own preference gets covered by the preview and I keep losing it. Basically just want a black border around all letters and capital L's of some sort.

Maybe a little more of a transparent gold so it looks more like an old Fender decal.
Could you set that up for me? Give an old man who's blind in one eye a hand?

I have access to ~100,000 fonts and can make them look like whatever you want ;~)) I will send you some examples in the next day or so!!

Nice one Moondog, I’m sure you’re much better at this. Have at it.

Lew, I sent you a PDF file link via a private message. Check it out and I can dress up however you wish, any of the 863 fonts in that PDF. These fonts are the ones already installed on my system and the document displays the name of the font and below that, the name "Laura Lee" written in that font. If you don't like any of them, I have thousands more we could explore ;~))

Nice one Moondog, I’m sure you’re much better at this. Have at it.
Don't know that I am better at it, but I have spent a LOT of time working with fonts over the years ;~)) I usually spend more time on fonts than any other element of a graphic design (be it client poster, ad, home made card, album cover, etc.)! Having access to many thousands of fonts does not help either ;~)) I really should organize them in a database so I can do searches based on certain criteria, but that is so back burner ;~)) Here is the pdf of the fonts I have installed on my system ( https://MoondogWily.com/PRS_Forum/Fonts_LauraLee.pdf ) if you are interested (a lot of metal font stuff in there right now as I recently did a logo for a metal band in England and was playing with a lot of fonts that fit that genre)!!! Thanks for helping out on this, I know Lew really appreciates it!

Thanks Wily! This is what I've settled on. The font is called Chopin. It'll have to be gold (or white) to stand out against the dark roasted maple peghead. It would be nice if I could have a black border around the letters.

Thanks Wily! This is what I've settled on. The font is called Chopin. It'll have to be gold (or white) to stand out against the dark roasted maple peghead. It would be nice if I could have a black border around the letters.

Here are some examples in white and gold with black outline (aka stroke)! Let me know what kind of adjustments we need!!

74_PartsocasterBuild_LauraLee_01.jpg

74_PartsocasterBuild_LauraLee_02.jpg

Here are some examples in white and gold with black outline (aka stroke)! Let me know what kind of adjustments we need!!

Love it! Both look great! The gold does it for me a little more. So should I send these photos to a decal guy and have him reproduce them. The fella on ebay wants $10 per decal. That seems fair to me.

Last edited:
Love it! Both look great! The gold does it for me a little more. So should I send these photos to a decal guy and have him reproduce the. The fella on ebay wants $10 per decal. That seems fair to me.
I will send them to you in a private message. You may be able to just tell the fella that you want him to use the "Chopin" font and have it look like this. May be easier for him. I will put the font in a zip file along with these examples and you can forward to him!

One note, if it was me, I would put a little space in between the capital L's and the text as it is currently touching the other letters, but not connected in a cursive fashion. I will do that on the examples I send to you but you may want to indicate the same to him. All up to you of course. I will include a short text file in that zip as well detailing what I used for font adjustments.

I will send them to you in a private message. You may be able to just tell the fella that you want him to use the "Chopin" font and have it look like this. May be easier for him. I will put the font in a zip file along with these examples and you can forward to him!

One note, if it was me, I would put a little space in between the capital L's and the text as it is currently touching the other letters, but not connected in a cursive fashion. I will do that on the examples I send to you but you may want to indicate the same to him. All up to you of course. I will include a short text file in that zip as well detailing what I used for font adjustments.
Thank you Wily. You're the best!

Laura Lee loves the gold! She says to tell you thanks. So thanks!

I'll be sending these to the decal guy today.

Now I need a couple for me.

Just need a cool handle.

When I lived in Ann Arbor everyone called me Louie or Ann Arbor Louie. But that was 50 years ago!

Laura Lee loves the gold! She says to tell you thanks. So thanks!

I'll be sending these to the decal guy today.

Now I need a couple for me.

Just need a cool handle.

When I lived in Ann Arbor everyone called me Louie or Ann Arbor Louie. But that was 50 years ago!
Glad she likes! Be sure to let me know if the decal guy needs anything else ;~))

New handle, OK, here are some thoughts:

True Lew
Lew Thiere (like luthiere)
Lew Wood (as in wood of guitars and furniture building)
Wood Lew (as in wood of guitars and furniture building)
Sir Lou
Sir Louie
Lewsician (like musician)
Mell Lew (like mellow with a bit of Lew)
Who Lew? (like "who knew")

If any more come to me, I will send them along ;~)) Hope you have a great day Mr. Lew!!!

Back