594 Soapbar and Korina Soapbar

GADonis

Beautifully Broken
I didn't see anything in a search so hopefully I'm not asking something already asked a bazillion times.

I have a 2007 Korina McCarty with P90's (McSoaparina?). Do the new 594 Soapbars use the same pups? I know they both have Duncans but are they the same pup model?

I'm really trying to resist a 594 but it's getting difficult.

They use a Duncan vintage model that's made to fit a PRS' cavities. Serg is right, they're not the same. The new ones are closer to the warmer tone of the P-90s on my '65 SG Special.

I have a 594 McSoapahoganymapley. It's a thing of merriment and joy, if you are at all into Soapbar guitars, and a must-have.

I've had, and dig, the earlier ones, too. Some of PRS' best stuff.

One of the forum dealers (Brian's Guitars) is doing a WL run of 594 soap bars with Korina necks/bodies....so if you like that P90/Korina combo (I sure do)...see Sergio's post above.

I think there is a high probability that Mahogany and P90s are the perfect combination. I currently have three P90 guitars: the McSoaprina, an SE Soapbar II Maple, and a 1967 ES125.

I was saving up for a motorcycle but have pretty much talked myself out of it. I just spent almost 1/3 of that money on a new bed which still leaves some money for a guitar...

I think there is a high probability that Mahogany and P90s are the perfect combination.

The Core 594 Soapbar is pretty darn wonderful. I consider it right up there with the PS guitars I have, and that's high praise indeed.

I'm sure it'd be great with the Korina, too, but the 'hog neck and back do have a nice vibe.

Back