57/08's

Gentlemen, I have a crystal ball and just consulted the future...

Fifty years from now, 57/08s will be one of the Holy Grail pickups, and folks will fall all over themselves trying to find vintage sets from our era.

I will certainly be long-dead by then, but my grandkids will be able to trade my McCarty Singlecut that has a “tweaked” set of 57/08s for a nice house with a Pacific Ocean view.

Of course, the beaches on the Pacific will be located in Colorado...

While I've not tried every PRS pickup, 57/08's are top of the list of the ones I have.
Next in order would be 59/09, 85/15 then HFS/Vintage Bass

I really like the 58/15s in my P245. I have 57/08s in my HBII, but haven't fallen in love with them so far. Haven't put in a ton of time on that guitar either, though. Played it a bit but sent it for some work and haven't gotten it back yet.

Fifty years from now, 57/08s will be one of the Holy Grail pickups, and folks will fall all over themselves trying to find vintage sets from our era.

I will certainly be long-dead by then, but my grandkids will be able to trade my McCarty Singlecut that has a “tweaked” set of 57/08s for a nice house with a Pacific Ocean view.

Naaa, Les with advances in technology and your high level of income...you could live to see at least 175...As for me with advances in technology and my low level of income, I'm thinkin ehhh, I'm already on borrowed time :eek: hell I never planned on living past 30....Winning!

Look at it this way, when Colofornia, is a thing and 57/08s bring millions at auction, you could pass yourself off as a modern day Nostrodamus...Lestrodamus...yeah, i like that has a nice ring to it...yup, just like a cash register! ;)

Any comparisons? Similarities? I haven't played a Paulz.

Ugh! I hate trying to do this. Really clear and articulate. Sounds awesome clean and dirty. I'm going to go out on a limb and say better than everything else....maybe. Someone with a Paul's guitar, or 20th Anniv PS help a brother out!

I've heard they were closer to NF. And you know I loves me some NF!

Someone with a Paul's guitar, or 20th Anniv PS help a brother out!
Okay let me try. More intense, less fat. A little scooped. Kinda like an AC/DC song - straight-up no nonsense in yer face. Okay I don’t know what I’m talking about. You’re right, I hate doing this too.:p

Wait a minute!

Your son is in Partybaby, which, following the clear blueprint laid out by the fictitious Wylde Stallions of Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, in the future will be the biggest band in the world, solve peace in the Middle East, world hunger and have everyone be excellent to each other. So, clearly when your son is that successful (he’s already successful!) no need to sell those beloved tweaked (rev 2?) 57/08 pickups. Instead, he’ll use that HOTG Guitar to record their biggest, baddest, most excellent rock power song of the ages! Using your still like new blue chip picks (they’ll be known as the blue ‘most excellent’ chip picks by then) of course.

Or so I’ve heard from the other voices in my head and they rarely agree on anything - but they agree on this! :)

Now where was I....

Tell me more! The 408 is one I've never been able to find in person, for some reason. It won't count against your Santana quota, don't worry.

Hmmm....I'm going to leave the 408 model to others. I didn't have mine long enough. Actually, I had it long enough, I just never got along with it. It didn't get much playing, and left. Perhaps I was to quick to judge. I know the 408 gets a ton of love, and I'm sure it's well deserving.

As for the Paul's Guitar, it's McCarty thickness (not sure if the 408 is), and has a big neck. It just sounds more "direct" and not bass-y/boom-y. Very articulate. I think Tonart is on the money.

Okay let me try. More intense, less fat. A little scooped. Kinda like an AC/DC song - straight-up no nonsense in yer face. Okay I don’t know what I’m talking about. You’re right, I hate doing this too.:p

26181236_937037336447953_1540734008936103936_n.jpg

Those are 2009 57/08s in my DGT....YES, in a DGT! LOVE them!

Installed by the PTC in '09 - lampshades were done at the same time.

26181236_937037336447953_1540734008936103936_n.jpg

Those are 2009 57/08s in my DGT....YES, in a DGT! LOVE them!

Installed by the PTC in '09 - lampshades were done at the same time.

Mike Duncan...you are my hero...my DGT GAS is off the charts...This one is ridiculously cool...With the 57/08!!! I, I, I, well, I'm at a loss for words....that never happens...:eek:

Back