57/08's

26181236_937037336447953_1540734008936103936_n.jpg

Those are 2009 57/08s in my DGT....YES, in a DGT! LOVE them!

Installed by the PTC in '09 - lampshades were done at the same time.

Is that a lettuce bikini? Because those things wilt in the heat. Don't ask me how I know.

DTR we need pics...or you were wearing your one piece.

Last edited:
Wait a minute!

Your son is in Partybaby, which, following the clear blueprint laid out by the fictitious Wylde Stallions of Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure, in the future will be the biggest band in the world, solve peace in the Middle East, world hunger and have everyone be excellent to each other. So, clearly when your son is that successful (he’s already successful!) no need to sell those beloved tweaked (rev 2?) 57/08 pickups. Instead, he’ll use that HOTG Guitar to record their biggest, baddest, most excellent rock power song of the ages! Using your still like new blue chip picks (they’ll be known as the blue ‘most excellent’ chip picks by then) of course.

Or so I’ve heard from the other voices in my head and they rarely agree on anything - but they agree on this! :)

Now where was I....

Ha! If only, to all of the above!

Les with advances in technology and your high level of income...you could live to see at least 175.

I’ve already seen 175. So...time’s up! :eek:

Happy to jump on the bandwagon. I’ve been saying the 57/08s are THE pickups since I discovered them years ago. In fact, I got 2 PRS McCartys with 57/08s around the same time several years ago, and immediately loved the tone. I hadn’t played PRS in over 15 years at that point, and I assumed the sound was just attributed to them being PRSs. It wasn’t until I played many PRSs over the subsequent years that I realized the magic was actually in the 57/08s. PRS doesn’t put out a bad instrument across the board, and I’ve had good luck with the other pickups, but in the end the 57/08s hold a special place. Other favs would be the \m/ and uncovered variants, like the 85/15.

Got my HB2 back yesterday and spent some time switching between guitars with a variety of pickups. SC with BKP Cold Sweats. J Custom 7 with Dimarzio PAF 7s. Anderson Mongrel with H1+ and H3. The 57/08 definitely held its own from clean too heavy crunch. The hollow body affected the tone, giving it a bigger, looser bottom, but it had output and clarity. In a solid body I think it would be tighter. Solid pickups for sure.

Got my HB2 back yesterday and spent some time switching between guitars with a variety of pickups. SC with BKP Cold Sweats. J Custom 7 with Dimarzio PAF 7s. Anderson Mongrel with H1+ and H3. The 57/08 definitely held its own from clean too heavy crunch. The hollow body affected the tone, giving it a bigger, looser bottom, but it had output and clarity. In a solid body I think it would be tighter. Solid pickups for sure.

I'm really tempted to replace the McCarty pickups in my HBII with 57/08's at some point. The McCarty's are really clear, but a bit different than what my ear leans to - vintage style humbuckers but articulate I guess with better definition. I recently got the guitar and I'm still fiddling with the height of the pickups..

Back