57/08's in a CE24

Adam O.

Simple question..... Will 57/08's work with the PRS 5-way rotary? I'm thinking of possibly having them installed in my CE24. Thanks in advance for any responses.

I can't tell you if they will work on a rotary but go to prs schematics page and see how many wires are needed from pickup to rotary switch. Make sure the 5708s you buy have that many wires.

Good luck

It's not just the number of wires, 57/08's do split, but it's also the polarity of the magnets and all that complex stuff. It's a good question. I'm going to guess they do but what do I know?

Before you put 5708s in your CE think about this. I put 5708 squabbins in my CE. I think the squabbins have longer mounting legs so I'm not sure I have mine in the best position. I feel they are too close to the strings. I think I can get screws that are 1/8 inch longer and still not bottom out. I may even screw them to bottom of pickup cavity and see how that works. Covered 5708s may have shorter legs but may not work with rotary.

Some have talked about changing base plate on pickup but I'm nervous about trashing my expensive pickups. I really don't want to route the cavity either.

Back