513 pickups

I’ve had 4… literally never moved one. They sounded fine as is, and I was told you could damage the paired ones by adjusting carelessly. Considering both points, I left them as is! The two I still have (both 2007 Braz neck versions) remain As set from PRS.

I’ve had 4… literally never moved one. They sounded fine as is, and I was told you could damage the paired ones by adjusting carelessly. Considering both points, I left them as is! The two I still have (both 2007 Braz neck versions) remain As set from PRS.
im just wondering where they are supposed to be , this guitar has been through a lot from the person before me and im sure the pickups were moved at some point. The pickups look kind of high to me.

I am also in this camp. I tried to lower the middle pickup on my 509. Didn’t seem like there was much room for travel.

I am also in this camp. I tried to lower the middle pickup on my 509. Didn’t seem like there was much room for travel.
I’m not surprised , but whoever had this guitar before did so many weird things to it it wouldn’t surprise the pickups have been moved. When I first got it he put big white paint dots on the side of the neck. Guess he couldn’t see the small dots. It was missing an intonation screw and the bridge was so uneven. The saddles were so corroded they had to be swapped out.

I’m not surprised , but whoever had this guitar before did so many weird things to it it wouldn’t surprise the pickups have been moved. When I first got it he put big white paint dots on the side of the neck. Guess he couldn’t see the small dots. It was missing an intonation screw and the bridge was so uneven. The saddles were so corroded they had to be swapped out.
Ugh! Hope you got a great deal on it.

Ugh! Hope you got a great deal on it.
Yeah it was a good deal plus the pictures didn’t show all that anyways, but I figured I would never find a 513 for 1700 again so I’m gonna keep it. Plus I don’t have to worry about it and I’ve been pretty rough with it over time. It’s nice not worrying about scratching it

You’ll need to let your ears tell you where the pickups are right. The closer to the strings, the louder and greater treble bite. They are a ***** to adjust. Each outside pickup is mounted on a single plastic plate, even though there are 2 adjustment screws on each side. If you turn one of them more than the other, the plate cracks. Remember adjust by ears and sound, not with a ruler.

Back