Pickup replacements - S2 McCarty SC

peterrooter

Hey guys, wanting to put a SD JB and an SD Jazz in the S2 McCarty.
Can somene please help me with how the wiring goes to do this?

Thank you!

It should be very straight forward swap and you can find a diagram searching the web easily. However if you don't really understand this swap a tech won't charge you much to do it.

Also PRS humbuckers are made differently in the way the label the hots and grounds. So you just gotta put the pickup hots where they belong and ground the ground.

yes i know, it doesnt match up exactly to these pickups.
It matches up to the SD pickups and the PRS guitar layout. Super easy. If you aren't comfortable wiring with a competent diagram like SD provides it may be better to find a tech as suggested. It's not alot of money and a pretty easy job.

I forget if the tone pots are the ones that do the splitting or the Volume pots....however this all can be configured in that SD configurator. Don't forget the menu on top of the diagram. You have to choose the side pane correctly than use the drop down above to diagram to get what you need.

I forget if the tone pots are the ones that do the splitting or the Volume pots....however this all can be configured in that SD configurator. Don't forget the menu on top of the diagram. You have to choose the side pane correctly than use the drop down above to diagram to get what you need.
Thank you for the help

Back