Replacing bridge pickup in 35th Anniversary Cu24. Need wiring help

kgb_diver

I want to replace the bridge pickup in my 35th Cu24 with a SD SH-04 (JB). Can't seem to find any help on wiring a Seymour Duncan pickup into this. My tech was also confused on how to replace the stock pickup with the SD. Anyone else replaced the bridge on a 35th Core Cu24 and offer any advice?

Christ, your tech need to up his game a bit.

What switching do you have in your Custom? Rotary, three-way toggle with push-pull, five-way slide?

Edit; Aw, its 35th Anniversary - the help is coming

Last edited:
Christ, your tech need to up his game a bit.

What switching do you have in your Custom? Rotary, three-way toggle with push-pull, five-way slidTI
It's the 35th Anniversary model with two coil taps. The coil taps are the 9 lug mini toggles. It's the 9 lug taps that he is unsure about. As in which lug is hot, which is ground. Can't find any info on the mini toggles and which lug is for what. With the anniversary there is unique switching between both coils of each pickup. My tech is good with vintage stuff and neck work, etc. Modern electronics, not so much

There you have it, I was thinking of doing the layout, but I already did several this week, and I'm just exhausted ;)

That should make it easier for your tech. PM me your email, and I will email you back a schematic in PDF; your tech SHOULD understand what to do with it. One thing to note - SD pickups may or may not have a different polarity.

85/15 TCI Bridge:
- GREEN Screw/South coil Start
- RED Screw/South coil Finish
- WHITE Slug/North coil Start
- BLACK Slug/North coil Finish
- SILVER BARE or ORANGE wire - Chassis Ground / pickup shield

85/15 TCI Neck:
- RED Screw/South coil Start
- GREEN Screw/South coil Finish
- BLACK Slug/North coil Start
- WHITE Slug/North coil Finish
- SILVER BARE or ORANGE wire - Chassis Ground / pickup shield

---
Seymour Duncan Bridge and neck
- GREEN Screw/South coil Start
- RED Screw/South coil Finish
- BLACK Slug/North coil Start
- WHITE Slug/North coil Finish
- NO CHASSIS GROUND WIRE
iu
This is not an actual 35th anniversary layout - this one is modified with push-pull Half-Out-Of-Phase. I know because I did it :)

EDIT: HoOF push-pull sounds like ****, worst mod I ever done to my 35th Anniversary which is now back to stock

Tech things aside, what's your reason for switching?
Find the stock bridge pickup a little too bright for me. Putting in a Seymour Duncan JB as it has a little more "meat" to it. The coil tap will be there if if I want a little more thin-ness. Playing covers, so need that versatility. I do like the stock neck pickup.

Simon Says is the man! We were overthinking it and my tech was not himself (lack of sleep and getting frustrated). The wiring explanation above along with the schematics and wiring diagram did the trick. Along with a simple clarification that the black and white's were reversed between the PRS and the SD. Very much appreciated. New pickup sounds great, gives it that extra oomph that I was looking for. Gigging this weekend and can't wait to hear the difference live.

Simon Says is the man! We were overthinking it and my tech was not himself (lack of sleep and getting frustrated). The wiring explanation above along with the schematics and wiring diagram did the trick. Along with a simple clarification that the black and white's were reversed between the PRS and the SD. Very much appreciated. New pickup sounds great, gives it that extra oomph that I was looking for. Gigging this weekend and can't wait to hear the difference live.
Im glad I could help

Back