5 hours in...

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
Thats good news

Although there is some news spin around the oxford vaccine 'safety' as EU countries are caught short with no supplies, my missus and my parents had that one and all good, just tired. I think its all just a bit random as far as side effects go, mostly people have been fine.

Personally I'd have any of them even Sputnik or the Chinese one. I don't want to end up in an ICU with covid.

I received my second dose of Moderna about 3 weeks ago. Other than feeling like I was hit hard and being lightly tired, nothing bad. Except for my kids all my immediate family is vaccinated and doing fine. Lets get these vaccines done and get live shows back.

Thats good news

Although there is some news spin around the oxford vaccine 'safety' as EU countries are caught short with no supplies, my missus and my parents had that one and all good, just tired. I think its all just a bit random as far as side effects go, mostly people have been fine.

Personally I'd have any of them even Sputnik or the Chinese one. I don't want to end up in an ICU with covid.
Yeah there is a lot of talk about the safety of a vaccine that has only been tested for a short time. I've heard of a lot of adverse reactions to this from people I know. Boxer Marvin Hagler just died after taking it and Hank Aaron died about 2 weeks later. This is an MRNA shot which is different than the normal vaccines people have taken in the past. It's a huge experiment on mankind and could alter your immune system to attack itself. I'm not trying to scare you it's just what experts have said about it. Your doctor isn't going to say anything bad about it most likely because they want to keep their jobs.

Hi all oh that doesn't sound good that's awful. I had the Astra Zenica yesterday (also in the UK like you Newbie!), and I have to say that I've had a few side effects - mainly a sore arm (it's giving me some discomfort playing guitar - help!) as well as some flu like symptoms, but without the temperature. Hoping it'll pass soon. However I've spoken to others who have had the AZ vaccine with no Ill effects and some have been floored with it for a few days.

My wife's had both her Pfizer jabs (she has an underlying condition) and seems to have been ok with it. Her immunity is seriously compromised at the moment so we thought it was the right thing to do.

As has been mentioned there's a lot of discussion about what's going on here and in the EU, though according to a leaked letter from our health department today we're close to running out of the AZ vaccine for the next month, though our health minister tried to brush it off - with little success!

One hour into the second shot of Pfizer for me, and all appears well. I got some soreness at the vaccination site with the first shot, but it was very minor.

Of course, I could develop a high fever, become irrational, and order another PRS without knowing it....

One hour into the second shot of Pfizer for me, and all appears well. I got some soreness at the vaccination site with the first shot, but it was very minor.

Of course, I could develop a high fever, become irrational, and order another PRS without knowing it....

You could also be a turtle. I don't think that's the case. :);)o_O

Last edited:
Yeah there is a lot of talk about the safety of a vaccine that has only been tested for a short time. I've heard of a lot of adverse reactions to this from people I know. Boxer Marvin Hagler just died after taking it and Hank Aaron died about 2 weeks later. This is an MRNA shot which is different than the normal vaccines people have taken in the past. It's a huge experiment on mankind and could alter your immune system to attack itself. I'm not trying to scare you it's just what experts have said about it. Your doctor isn't going to say anything bad about it most likely because they want to keep their jobs.

I'd expect you to order a different brand if you were irrational. Another PRS is quite a rational thing.

Now, if you ordered some pi, that would be irrational.

Bf7Zpzy.jpg

I'm 48 hours past Pfizer #2 with no problem other than a stiff shoulder for the first day. At 68 with a replaced knee, some carpal tunnel in both wrists, and a passel of food and chemical allergies one could expect that my resulting after effects would be more pronounced. Nope.

And the extra hand out of my forehead means that I can also get harmonics when I play with my teeth. Win all around.

72 hours in and the side effects are just about gone. I spent most of Thursday on the sofa feeling a bit rough and watching daytime trivia. Felt better on Friday and managed to work virtually though knocked off early, and managed to get a bit of practice in as well. Much better today though the area on my upper arm where the jab was is still pink, swollen and warm and am hoping this will go over the weekend. Also hope to get a walk in at some point!

Back