5 hours in...

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
I got the J&J. I have no muscle soreness other than the norm (I did two sets of 50 pushups the night before) but no soreness in the shot spot. And I have no real fatigue today... as of yet anyway. Just feel that burning in my head. All joking aside, I never did get loopy(er) or anything last night, but I did fall asleep in my chair watching TV. So other than the 5:00AM one hour nauseous spell, nothing much yet.

The rockstar and the mousetrap...LOL...

My sleep/wake cycles are screwed up....9-½ hours one evening....5-½ hours the next....wondering what tonight will bring...no nausea (read: butterflies/gas) to speak of...am feeling moderately awake (though the warmer weather will invariably cause naps). No fever, just some mild fatigue/malaise and some itchiness (likely caused by warmer weather/mold outside in ground)

I got the J&J vaccine on 3/10. Felt fine all day then got really tired and a light headache that night at about 7. On 3/11 I had a pretty bad headache all day and general muscle soreness pretty much everywhere and was also really tired all day. I woke up this morning on 3/12 and feel pretty much back to normal.

Everyone seems to be responding very differently to the vaccine so make sure you don’t have anything planned the next few days after just in case.

Yep, plan ahead and set aside a couple days recoup following the vaccine. 2nd shot Pfizer & Moderna as well. Nurse said the 2nd shot recovery time lasts about 48 hours...

I got Moderna in February. First shot...….3 continuous weeks of headaches and chills. Second shot...……….10 continuous days of headaches and chills. About two years ago, I almost died of an infectious disease. I think that had something to do with my reaction.

Man, sorry to hear that! You must haver had some kind of reaction to the shot for side effects to last that long...

In the grand scheme of things, is there ever, really, any "gas to speak of?" :eek: :D:D

Sucking wind can do that, big time...

Guitarists get GAS whenever they give others a chance to buy their gear, and while they lust after new gear, the "butterflies" of a new item almost always occur.

I drink carbonated flavored water to quell any indigestion...and it works!

Sucking wind can do that, big time...

I've never been much of a "wind sucker." Can't say many good things about me, but that one I can say confidently.

Guitarists get GAS whenever they give others a chance to buy their gear, and while they lust after new gear, the "butterflies" of a new item almost always occur.

Now, I DO have gear GAS... but I've never had buying new gear give me butterflies in my stomach. The last time buying something made me have butterflies, it was something I was buying for my wife. Something we can't talk about in this thread. ;)

The last time buying something made me have butterflies, it was something I was buying for my wife. Something we can't talk about in this thread. ;)

Disgusting that you would buy something like that for her and then mention it public. Have you no shame? I mean, if she wants a G****** or a F******, that's her business, but you shouldn't air it in public! :p

I've never been much of a "wind sucker." Can't say many good things about me, but that one I can say confidently.

I had a cocky trig-geo-calc teacher who greeted his class..."Good morning, Pu-ti...(some Greek plebeian phrase)...I hear the take-home math exam had some of you sucking wind...so let's go over it and see if can find what areas need review..."

The phrase remained with me through life, though I never quite used it much..

Now, I DO have gear GAS... but I've never had buying new gear give me butterflies in my stomach. The last time buying something made me have butterflies, it was something I was buying for my wife. Something we can't talk about in this thread. ;)

Appreciated. We'll do the right thing and be respectful. Though you've never felt butterflies when you anticipate a new arrival and can't wait to see what she's like?

And apologies for not breaking your b*lls. Not my style.

I think as we age we get over stuff like that. Experience becomes a more been there done that got the t-shirt kind of thing...

I'm still eagerly waiting. From what the goverment said here in Greece people working in the tourism industry will get vaccinated in May to be ready for the summer season. So I've still got a wait ahead of me. This coming Tuesday will be the one year mark my bar at the 5* hotel I work at closed due to the pandemic. It's been hard 12 months so far. I can't wait to finally get back to work, make some cash for new guitar gear :D and leave all this madness behind.

I'm still eagerly waiting. From what the goverment said here in Greece people working in the tourism industry will get vaccinated in May to be ready for the summer season. So I've still got a wait ahead of me. This coming Tuesday will be the one year mark my bar at the 5* hotel I work at closed due to the pandemic. It's been hard 12 months so far. I can't wait to finally get back to work, make some cash for new guitar gear :D and leave all this madness behind.

If this is not considered too political, recent news has said that folks in the US can expect full immunization hopefully by July 4th. A lofty estimate, but they're trying to get it done. Word is also the US will soon step up and help the rest of the world with their vaccinations once supplies are covered stateside and can ship overseas...

Disgusting that you would buy something like that for her and then mention it public. Have you no shame? I mean, if she wants a G****** or a F******, that's her business, but you shouldn't air it in public! :p
You misspelled Gstring. :eek::eek:

:p:p:p

Hang in there. Its been a long shtty year but into the last leg now, just need to get more needles in arms. I don't think we are going to get much of a big summer but the autumn into october holidays will be crazy as everyone is aching to get away from lockdown. Enjoy the sun and peace while it lasts :cool: plane loads of crazie drunk people incoming in a few months

So as of tonight, wife is feeling tired and went to bed early, but not too bad. Stomach still a little weak.

I feel almost completely normal, but I am noticing one side effect that I’ve heard mentioned. I got my new Focal Alpha 65’s today and wanted to try them out with the Atomic AA12. (Side note, more later, these things sound great so far!). But my hand was really hurting. The arthritis in my left hand goes from below the ring finger through the whole finger. As soon as I wrapped my hand around the neck, I winced. I have some of the extra firm grip squeezer things and I stopped and did 25 with each hand, which I normally do to loosen up before playing. They HURT my left hand. Then I stretched my hand and fingers (again, as usual) and that hurt too. I played for 30 minutes, but it hurt. I’ve heard others mention that their arthritis flaired up after getting the vaccine. This is the worst it’s been in a while. But I played sports with pain my whole life, so a little pain ain’t going to stop me!

Did I mention that these Focal’s are REALLY nice. Can’t wait to turn them up more tomorrow. I was stunned at how good my Atomic sounded at very low volumes!

If this is not considered too political, recent news has said that folks in the US can expect full immunization hopefully by July 4th. A lofty estimate, but they're trying to get it done. Word is also the US will soon step up and help the rest of the world with their vaccinations once supplies are covered stateside and can ship overseas...
Greece will receieving a first batch of the J&J vaccince (1.2 million doses) next month.

Enjoy the sun and peace while it lasts :cool: plane loads of crazie drunk people incoming in a few months
I'm so ready to be the cause of their hangovers, hahaha.

Last edited:
So as of tonight, wife is feeling tired and went to bed early, but not too bad. Stomach still a little weak.

I feel almost completely normal, but I am noticing one side effect that I’ve heard mentioned. I got my new Focal Alpha 65’s today and wanted to try them out with the Atomic AA12. (Side note, more later, these things sound great so far!). But my hand was really hurting. The arthritis in my left hand goes from below the ring finger through the whole finger. As soon as I wrapped my hand around the neck, I winced. I have some of the extra firm grip squeezer things and I stopped and did 25 with each hand, which I normally do to loosen up before playing. They HURT my left hand. Then I stretched my hand and fingers (again, as usual) and that hurt too. I played for 30 minutes, but it hurt. I’ve heard others mention that their arthritis flaired up after getting the vaccine. This is the worst it’s been in a while. But I played sports with pain my whole life, so a little pain ain’t going to stop me!

Did I mention that these Focal’s are REALLY nice. Can’t wait to turn them up more tomorrow. I was stunned at how good my Atomic sounded at very low volumes!
Man, the arthritis reaction is not cool. Mrs. B has osteoarthritis and had 2 carpel tunnel, a toe joint replacement, and a partial knee replacement last year, alone. The thought of her regressing to the original pain level is unthinkable and nothing I’d wish on anyone. I hope your reaction subsides. That’s one of two afflictions that scare the crap outta me. Don’t want to lose finger dexterity.

I'm going to be a wreck if this arthritus thing holds true. I alredy feel like I went head on into a Ford F-150. Oh, wait I did that a few weeks ago.:oops: i've been on the fence about getting any shots, simply because they make me sick. I haven't had the flu shot since 2014, and I haven't been really sick since. I'll do what I need to do to save the world, but for now, I'll wait until resources are readily available.

Man, the arthritis reaction is not cool. Mrs. B has osteoarthritis and had 2 carpel tunnel, a toe joint replacement, and a partial knee replacement last year, alone. The thought of her regressing to the original pain level is unthinkable and nothing I’d wish on anyone. I hope your reaction subsides. That’s one of two afflictions that scare the crap outta me. Don’t want to lose finger dexterity.

Agree, I’ve mentioned this before, but I can’t wear my wedding ring because it’s my left hand ring finger, and it’s the result of several dislocations while playing basketball. I’ll take a pic some time to show how much mobility I’ve lost. The pain is not severe but does flair up from time to time.

Report from this morning may be the last update (I HOPE!). My wife and I both feel completely “normal” this morning. Hopefully the side effects are behind us. Only remnant is the ring finger and hand is still a bit tender. I can live with that.

Back