5 hours in...

• Thread starter Deleted member 5962
  • Start date
#1 Pfizer left me with a little soreness at the injection site but nothing else. Zip. Zilch. Nada. #2 comes on 3/23 and I can hardly wait. My biggest hope is that every one of you folks get the opportunity to get the same, soon.

#1 Pfizer left me with a little soreness at the injection site but nothing else. Zip. Zilch. Nada. #2 comes on 3/23 and I can hardly wait. My biggest hope is that every one of you folks get the opportunity to get the same, soon.

Same here, but with the added benefit of some wide-awake sleepiness that was like drinking a few beers with some caffeine. Nothing beats wide-awake silliness, except when you'd like to sleep...

Same for me with Pfizer #1 last Tuesday. My girlfriend is a smoker (light), but it qualifies her for 1A in Pa., regardless of age (56). Pfizer #1 for her today, with some localized soreness beginning this evening.

My son and his girlfriend gave my wife Covid a couple of months ago.

I got tested twice and was negative both times.

I got the 2 part Moderna vaccine, got my 2nd one 2 weeks ago.

I had no side effects with the 1st, and only chills and a headache for a few hours with the 2nd one.

I'm blood type o+, which is a blood type that's supposedly less susceptible to the virus.

I'm still wearing my mask to protect others even though Texas is opened up 100%

I guess we'll have to see how this all turns out.

Got Pfizer #1 this past Tuesday, very little soreness. Only when I laid on it. #2 comeS 3/30. Wife and I both fell into 1A, so we’re both on our way.

She told me today her sister is a bit upset because Mass. just said smokers and ex-smokers can get the vaccine, so her husband can get it but she can’t. That means she’ll be about the last in the family to get the vaccine. I said, “That’ll teach her to lead a healthy lifestyle!”

I’m not going to be ready to rush back into normal life in a few weeks. Too many jagoffs who still don’t take this seriously and want to prove that they’re tougher and “smarter” than everyone else. But it’s a step in the right direction.

Ok, at 10:30, I was going to post “12 hours in and no real added side affect.” I thought, nah, it’s not quite 12 hours yet. I’ll wait.

I had just played guitar for about 45 minutes then my wife went to bed so I came out to catch up. I didn’t feel bad, but my left side of my neck is getting stiff and sore... I worked out 3 nights in a row, but these workouts never make my neck sore. But, thinking “this ain’t so bad.”

Just put my wife back to bed after about 20 minutes of puking her guts out. Poor girl... She said she felt like she was getting a fever, so she took and Advil before she went to bed. MISTAKE! I will say she has a VERY weak stomach and is prone to throwing up whenever she gets a stomach bug.

So now I’m crossing my fingers. So far, I seem to be coherent, but please disregard any comments I may make tonight about Julie Bowen, Marie Osmond, Nancy Wilson, and after a few minutes on Instagram tonight, I better add Sofia Vergara to the list.

Ok, at 10:30, I was going to post “12 hours in and no real added side affect.” I thought, nah, it’s not quite 12 hours yet. I’ll wait.

I had just played guitar for about 45 minutes then my wife went to bed so I came out to catch up. I didn’t feel bad, but my left side of my neck is getting stiff and sore... I worked out 3 nights in a row, but these workouts never make my neck sore. But, thinking “this ain’t so bad.”

Just put my wife back to bed after about 20 minutes of puking her guts out. Poor girl... She said she felt like she was getting a fever, so she took and Advil before she went to bed. MISTAKE! I will say she has a VERY weak stomach and is prone to throwing up whenever she gets a stomach bug.

So now I’m crossing my fingers. So far, I seem to be coherent, but please disregard any comments I may make tonight about Julie Bowen, Marie Osmond, Nancy Wilson, and after a few minutes on Instagram tonight, I better add Sofia Vergara to the list.

Put your phone up to your head. Does the 5G signal improve?

Im hoping for sometime in next month. One less thing to worry about, travel is pretty fraught with the bogeyman these days

I appreciate the kind words, now..................

:p:D

The "Rusty & Blue" reference in my avatar sig reflects a CPR song, not the Paul Gilbert one regards Rusty Old Boat. Just for clarification, and because it's March hoops season.

Don't forget to tip your server...

Last edited:
Well, here's the "24 hours in" report. My wife seemed to settle down after her episode. With a cold wash rag on her forehead, she managed to start feeling better and get a whole nights sleep. Not so for me. I woke up at 5:00 and was very nauseous. I was afraid that if I set up, I'd throw up. I was feeling the burn. laid there that way for about an hour, thinking that at any moment I'd be jumping up, running to the bathroom and ending my 30+ year "no hurl" streak. The streak is intact. After about an hour, I felt better and went back to sleep about 6:00.

Today, I just feel that burn in my head. You can tell your body is fighting something. (They say it's a good sign, and the effects of your body building antibodies). I don't feel bad though. Not great, but not bad.

Now I'm going to check my posts from last night to make sure I didn't do any "posting while unconscious."

Hc,

What vaccine did you receive again? The J&J? Aside from a bit of lost sleep last night, (5-½ hours), no other symptoms other that a touch of fatigue, some arm soreness, no significant fever, hot flashes or night sweats. Who really wants to be all hot and sweaty? No thanks.

I got the J&J vaccine on 3/10. Felt fine all day then got really tired and a light headache that night at about 7. On 3/11 I had a pretty bad headache all day and general muscle soreness pretty much everywhere and was also really tired all day. I woke up this morning on 3/12 and feel pretty much back to normal.

Everyone seems to be responding very differently to the vaccine so make sure you don’t have anything planned the next few days after just in case.

I got the J&J. I have no muscle soreness other than the norm (I did two sets of 50 pushups the night before) but no soreness in the shot spot. And I have no real fatigue today... as of yet anyway. Just feel that burning in my head. All joking aside, I never did get loopy(er) or anything last night, but I did fall asleep in my chair watching TV. So other than the 5:00AM one hour nauseous spell, nothing much yet.

Well, here's the "24 hours in" report. My wife seemed to settle down after her episode. With a cold wash rag on her forehead, she managed to start feeling better and get a whole nights sleep. Not so for me. I woke up at 5:00 and was very nauseous. I was afraid that if I set up, I'd throw up. I was feeling the burn. laid there that way for about an hour, thinking that at any moment I'd be jumping up, running to the bathroom and ending my 30+ year "no hurl" streak. The streak is intact. After about an hour, I felt better and went back to sleep about 6:00.

Today, I just feel that burn in my head. You can tell your body is fighting something. (They say it's a good sign, and the effects of your body building antibodies). I don't feel bad though. Not great, but not bad.

Now I'm going to check my posts from last night to make sure I didn't do any "posting while unconscious."

Meehhh....I do it all the time. You're golden dude...

I haven't had mine yet. I received a letter from a large non-profit stating I qualify as 1B as an active volunteer whose duties include disaster response, but I don't believe my state, Ohio, acknowledges it, so I didn't try. Yesterday the state opened it to those over 50, however, so I registered for that at one provider's site.

I arranged and took my both my parents for their vaccines. Scheduling my dad's what the easiest as he's over 80. He got the Moderna and had a rough night after the second shot, but recovered well. Scheduling my mom's was more challenging, but after signing up for text message/availability alerts she got in. She had the Pfizer. She said she felt a little "loopy" and cold after the second shot, but that was about it.

I got Moderna in February. First shot...….3 continuous weeks of headaches and chills. Second shot...……….10 continuous days of headaches and chills. About two years ago, I almost died of an infectious disease. I think that had something to do with my reaction.

Back