35th Anniversary SE Custom 24

p0094932

Received my 35th anniversary se custom 24 and it does not disappoint. Beautiful finish, out of the box plays great. No issues in production, action and playability setup to factory specs is spot on. However, the juice of this axe is the TCI pickups, really impressed with what PRS has developed here. They sound smooth, articulate, every note rings true and they cut through the mix with ease. Fit and finish is excellent, frets are dressed with no issues at all. Neck radius is10" wide with some girth not a whole lot but just enough meat on there. Really fabulous piece and of all the Custom 24s I’ve seen this is by far the best one including the 2 mini tap switches for single action tones. Definite must buy! Well Done PRS!!

Happy NGD, and thanks for the review!

I’m strongly considering buying one of these. I’d really like to try one, but my local shop doesn’t have one in yet. I love the 3 way toggle over the current blade, and I think the split sounds are much better on these TCI pickups.

Contgrats on the Custom 24. I love the TCIs pickups in my SE Paul's as well, the single coil sounds are far better than my newly acquired S2 Custom 22 Semi-Hollow, whose split sounds are usable. Enjoy!

Received my 35th anniversary se custom 24 and it does not disappoint. Beautiful finish, out of the box plays great. No issues in production, action and playability setup to factory specs is spot on. However, the juice of this axe is the TCI pickups, really impressed with what PRS has developed here. They sound smooth, articulate, every note rings true and they cut through the mix with ease. Fit and finish is excellent, frets are dressed with no issues at all. Neck radius is10" wide with some girth not a whole lot but just enough meat on there. Really fabulous piece and of all the Custom 24s I’ve seen this is by far the best one including the 2 mini tap switches for single action tones. Definite must buy! Well Done PRS!!

I bought this guitar from ZZOUNDS, which is an online dealer. Also American Musical and Sweetwater also carry this axe as well.

Another option Im planning on is to replace the stock tuners with the SE Locking tuners, and maybe upgrade the knobs with the lamp shade knobs.

bTYU8qn.jpg

Back