20th Annv I have no idea what I have here or what it's worth.

turbolwf

My girlfriend bought this PRS 2005 20th Anniversary and I am doing some research on it before we can find a good price to sell it. I am not sure if it is the Artist Package or 24 cut? The guitar is never been really used no scratches and I have photos. I am a singer and know my way about a 55s 55sw or pe55 shure but am lost here. I don't know what to tell my peeps on my facebook page what kind of pick up it has or anything. Help Please

http://turbolwf.wordpress.com/2014/03/06/prs-20th-anv-2005/

prs-20th-anv-2005

It's a Standard 24 satin finish, should have HFS and VB pups and have seen 'em sell for around $1000-1200 lately. Cool guitar!

Thank you sir. I guess it would not be unreasonable to ask 1000.00 for this guitar? I think it would go a long way to go in at a fair price. I am in no hurry to sell it and I want it to go to someone who will enjoy it. Thanks for the help.

IMHO 1000 would be asking too little, it's relatively rare with those inlays. All the Standard Satin models I have seen have moon inlays. The 25th anniversary bird inlays ought to bring the price up a little.

I saw one very similar to yours on eBay . I really love the satin finish. I'd keep it

IMO Sergio is pretty close on the range. The 20th Annie birds could bring a little more but you'll have to wait for the right buyer.

Girlfriends take your heart...
Guitars take your soul...
Sell the girlfriend, keep the guitar! :)

Wow thanks for all the reply info. I can see that it is worth more then 1000 bucks. I think waiting for the right buyer is the right choice. Sorry Jbird I am not a guitar player but I hang out with them. I can't sell the gf and it's her guitar anyways. lol I am in no hurry to sell and it will only increase in value.

One of these went in the UK a few months ago for £900 or possibly just under. It took a long time to sell though at that price if I recall correctly. It was a 20th ann standard 24 in orange with the bird inlays and a regular neck, not a pattern thin, which was also unusual. It was immaculate and had all the case candy too. Just FYI!

Re: the MODCAT - it's different from the serial number. On the guitar, it will be found under the neck pickup, which you will have to remove to get to it. It it also printed on a bar code which appears on the case and on the hangtag, but those might have been removed... it's letters and numbers.

Thanks for letting me know how to get to the modcat. The case and guitar are in wonderful shape. So I think I am in the ball park with the guitar for 1000.00 My guitar player is going to play it tonight on stage so I am going to see what he thinks. He can give me a pretty fair idea since he owned a music store but I feel I am getting great acurate info from this site so thanks again for all of the info.

If anyone is interested let me know. I can send you any pictures you might need. I don't know if I am allowed to offer it on the site here but I figured it should go to someone who would appreciate it and all of you folks are that market for sure.

If I had a grand to spare, I'd take it off your hands...I love satin finishes. They're a little more sensitive in terms of care, but damn they're sexy.

Back