2021 CE 24 special Run with 57 08 pickups

Do you think CE 24 is better with the original 85 15s or with the 57 08s

• With 85 15s

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • With 57 08s

Votes: 9 75.0%

• Total voters
Yes it was for Wild West guitars ,they also come with a black maple neck and headstock with Paul's signature in gold. The colors are different as well

I voted 85/15's, but only because IMO a CE should be a little more aggressive, but everyone will have a difference of opinion on this. The 57/08 is a great classic tone set, but the CE was made to rock.

I voted 85/15's, but only because IMO a CE should be a little more aggressive, but everyone will have a difference of opinion on this. The 57/08 is a great classic tone set, but the CE was made to rock.
Definitely makes sense. I'm using it for studio and production purposes in many genres and styles of music. Wanted to make sure it was versatile enough

Honestly didn’t know that they had a run with this. Is it a special run for a dealer?
Yes it was for Wild West guitars ,they also come with a black maple neck and headstock with Paul's signature in gold. The colors are different as well

Honestly it looks like a 2018 CE. They use to all come with black satin necks then. The main difference is the pickups, which is personal preference. The CE semi was so different from the rest of the semi’s because of the pickups that were more modern and took gain well. This version will make it more mellow.

I forget who it is but there is a dealer in New England that has a special run of semi-hollow with quilted unique colors. They also offer to install different pickups for free as long as you purchase the pickups thru them. I believe. They offered PRS and bare knuckles amongst others. Don’t quote me on the free part.

I did not vote on this. I love both of those neck pickups but haven't been able to bond with either bridge pickup.

I'm in a totally different situation now so I've considered giving 8515 bridge another go.

I put a set in my 2000 McCarty and that neck pickup in that guitar is crazy good.

I’m in this camp, too.

I played my 2016 CE 24 for 5 years with 85/15 pickups. They are great pickups. The clarity is insanely good. However, I've been into the more classic blues and jazz tones lately and the 85/15 are so damn hot that I couldn't get them where I wanted them. I tried adjusting the volume knob and settled on installing 57/08s. I love the 57/08's too, but they are very different from the 85/15. 57/08's sound like Gibson PAF's, less tonal clarity. Maybe the 58/15 would be a more mellow version of the 85/15 tone?

I'm abstaining from voting because I feel that the 59/09 is the best pickup for the custom-line guitars (which, for the purposes of this argument, includes the core Custom models as well as the bolt-on CE guitars). The 85/15 are a little too modern for my tastes, and as much as I love the 57/08 in a McCarty (one of my favorites ever), I don't feel that they belong in a Custom or CE.

The 59/09 to my ears are a great balance of vintage "inspired" but with the output, attack, and feel around the edges of a more modern pickup. Plus they're usually uncovered black coils, which retains that classic look on the Custom & CE.

I have both the 85/15s and love them. and the 57/08s. I love them, too.

The 57/08s have a somewhat more vintage vibe, but are different from the 58/15s that they put on a number of models now; If I was doing a lot of heavier music, I'd go with the 85/15s, and if I wanted a more vintage tone, I'd go with 57/08s.

Depending on the guitar, I might prefer the 57/08s to even the new 58/15 LT TCIs, which I also have, but it'd be close.

Not to hijack your thread, but I have two S2 Standards , one with 58/15s, one with Pearl Gates. I really enjoy two different sound vibes from the same platform.

Back