2020 Paul Reed Smith CE-24 Scarf Joint Help?

DGT3089

Hi, its been a while since posting on here but anyways. As the title says I purchased a 2020 CE-24 and am torn with joy and disappointment at the same time. First, I love the guitar it self and how it plays and acoustically it just sings with tone and sustain like no other. Now the two points of disappointment, one is the pickups. This has the 85/15's and I just can not get a sound from them I like no way shape or form, but I have a resolve for this issue I have a set of PRS 57/08's Pre-TM got them on a steal because some one had a dumb (bet they thought it was smart) idea of taking the engraved Chrome covers off, so I purchased a couple of covers and replaced them but they don't say 57/08 like the originals. I will put these in as these are the best pickups ever made in my opinion or at least the best for my taste. The second disappointment is The Scarf Joint, Now don't misunderstand me I am not disappointed that it has one but in the fact that I can actually feel it when I am playing and if I run my finger nail lightly across it I can feel it this way as well I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and see if it is something that is stable and sound or if it is the start or a major problem. Thanks for anyone's help, info and thoughts.

Might not be the right solution, but I would sand it a little then drop fill with clear and sand until smooth. Might not need a clear fill if it's just a tiny lip or gap.

Back