2018 CE-24 Angry Larry Question

philtones

Hi all,

I have been eyeing a 2018 “new” CE-24 Angry Larry on Musicians Friend. I was just wondering if there are any opinions about this specific guitar here.

Has much changed since 2018 in CE-24s? It seems to have the same pickups and specs as the 2021 model with the exception of the TCI 85/15’s.

Thought I would ask before I buy.

Thanks!

I should say it does have the 85/15’s. There is just no mention of them being TCI

Awesome guitar but crappy seller so who knows until you get it. Same as today besides the TCI and it's cheaper

I agree. I haven’t bought from them in years so that’s what I’m afraid of. Thanks

I agree. I haven’t bought from them in years so that’s what I’m afraid of. Thanks

Same 'ol crap shoot. Worth a gamble for a cool finish and if not back to them. It's listed on their GC site too.

Big fan of the natural back

Do Guitar Center still have that great return policy? I recommend getting it through Guitar Center and returning it if there's anything wrong that you can't fix, yourself. I've only had to do that once or twice with them, but I don't depend on them for anything but the sale.

That’s a good idea. I’m gonna look into that. Save return shipping…

I dig the natural finish as well!

Do Guitar Center still have that great return policy? I recommend getting it through Guitar Center and returning it if there's anything wrong that you can't fix, yourself. I've only had to do that once or twice with them, but I don't depend on them for anything but the sale.
GC has a 45 day return policy. Takes the worry out of the equation.

UPDATE:

So I decided to wait and see about this guitar. I watched it on Ebay for a month or two and Musician’s Friend offered another $200 off to me so I bought it. (This offer is valid for 48hrs only!) Lol

I really love it and it ended up being a 2020 model so that was good. It was $1699 plus tax with free shipping. Absolutely no problems with the transaction and the guitar is flawless.

It looks like a few other people got the same offer because it looks like they only have one left. Anyway just wanted to pass along my experience.

UPDATE:

So I decided to wait and see about this guitar. I watched it on Ebay for a month or two and Musician’s Friend offered another $200 off to me so I bought it. (This offer is valid for 48hrs only!) Lol

I really love it and it ended up being a 2020 model so that was good. It was $1699 plus tax with free shipping. Absolutely no problems with the transaction and the guitar is flawless.

It looks like a few other people got the same offer because it looks like they only have one left. Anyway just wanted to pass along my experience.
Sweet! Congrats

Back