2003 CU22 Volume Pot

imcivor

Hi there. I have 2 CU22's of which one had the 5-position rotary and the other the coil tap and 3-way toggle. I really prefer the 3-way toggle so I decided to convert the other.

Ordered parts directly from PRS and used my 2nd CU22 as my guide for rewiring.

Everything went in fine and even though I am not the greatest with a soldering gun, when I plugged it in, I got taps from all poles and thought I was luthier and was very proud of myself...

Go to practice last night with the newly modded CU22 and the volume pot has no effect whatsoever, meaning the guitar makes sound, however when you turn the volume pot, nothing happens. Everything appears to be grounded correctly but I don't understand why it's not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ian

Actually figured it out after some google searching. Some idiot, me, cut the ground wire going from the bridge and didn’t reconnect it to the volume pot. Stupid mistake but now rectified.

Ahh, not too bad, and great you found it yourself as it doesn't really count against you! :cool:
Well kinda. Did the soldering and plugged it in…volume then worked. Put the cover back on the back and hung her back up. Just grabbed her to practice a bit at home and the problem is back. WTH.

Back