1982 called and wants it PRS back.

the mods are absolutely brilliant and the combination of woods is spectacular

1000 Kudos to you brother

This is wonderful! My most sincere congratulations (and I am going to write the same on the SAS thread)
You forgot to tell us which tonewood has been used for the covers ;) Would it sound darker with rosewood ones? :rolleyes:

I used Tasmanian Blackwood, mainly because my Dad had some sitting around! Again not period correct :p

That is freaking gorgeous and so damned creative! Most mods are functional for the owner, but yours look like they were part of the original design of the guitar.

Lovely, lovely stuff.

So how did you pose the guitar on concrete and rocks without managing to ding it up?

Thanks Les, it was the only solution I could think of for getting the pickups in there!

I was extremely careful when placing the guitars on the concrete, plus, I was going for that relic look :eek:

Squirt!

A++++ for originality! By any chance are you going into the PS business????

Well I've got 2.1 more projects to finish and then it's all about saving for a PS!

I would like to build guitars in my retirement, but that's a long time away unfortunately!

If someone had described this mod to me I would have thought it would look tacky. But seeing the pictures it is one of classiest things I have ever seen. What an awesome job and attention to detail. Just beautiful. The copper look to the trem is also really cool.

If someone had described this mod to me I would have thought it would look tacky. But seeing the pictures it is one of classiest things I have ever seen. What an awesome job and attention to detail. Just beautiful. The copper look to the trem is also really cool.

Classy is better than tacky! The unplated trem is 1 of 7 commissioned by Hans, there may have been 1 or 2 made since then, but there's not a lot of them out there in the wild!

Justin, who does your routing?? MY goodness man this work is amazing :eek::oops::rolleyes::);):cool:

Paul Mineur down here did them, you can look some of his work up on Facebook under "Paul Mineur - Guitar Repairer". Totally lucked out with his level of craftsmanship!

Back