100 Amazing Bass Lines

Yeah! Dude rips! He had me sucked in with three Bernard Edwards licks in the first two minutes! I don't know how young dude is, but there were a few that made me chuckle... like crediting MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Los Lobos, and RHCP. ;) But it don't matter after seeing him blaze through "power" by Marcus, dude may be one to watch.

Yeah! Dude rips! He had me sucked in with three Bernard Edwards licks in the first two minutes! I don't know how young dude is, but there were a few that made me chuckle... like crediting MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Los Lobos, and RHCP. ;) But it don't matter after seeing him blaze through "power" by Marcus, dude may be one to watch.

no kidding, the MM licks take some serious chops.

I am watching another one right now, this guy has some serious chops going.
I have yet to learn how to slap my bass :D
I do not know how to do it yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
That video was amazing for three reasons:

1.) That dude can play.. I didn't see a single missed note.
2.) Great/instant transitions between songs.

3.) It was so good it actually got me to sit still and watch all 13 minutes and 5 seconds!

Ha! I like this dude!

Man, some of those old Nintendo games had really great music... The Zelda theme seriously sounded like Return to Forever or some other jazz fusion band, impressive. What I'm really taking away from this is a strange desire to kiss some French girls in a quick game of Bully! I better not look through that rubbermaid container in the basement for my old games tonight.

Cool video. I sort of clicked my way through it, but didn't see any Carol Kaye lines in it (too many famous bass lines to list...)

It's driving me nuts though, because the post reminded me of a bass intro in a Weather Report song, and though I can hum the bass line perfectly in my head, I can't remember the name of the song to save my live.

He just released another one, the theme to Breaking Bad, a show I have heard of, but have never seen.
He gets some good tone.

I really like this guy's playing.
Never heard of the type of strings he is using.
Published on Oct 19, 2014

Here's a slap and tapping melodic solo using piccolo bass strings. I've never tried these type of strings, but I like them!
Don't forget to leave a comment to let me know if you enjoyed this video, it's important for me! :)
I'm playing a Fender Jazz Bass made in Mexico, DADG tuning.

Melodic Bass Solo

Dave has had many more videos, but this one is just strange, and it is him with the LED suit on and the guitar.
Even the strings light up later.

Back