10-52 Strings on Custom 24

Joe Perez

Hi!
I've found very little on stringing a custom 24 with 10-52 strings. I just tried it and it sounds and feels great. However, is there anything I should be concerned about? I believe default is 10-46.

You should be good. Just keep an eye on the nut for string binding. Also, make sure the Trem is still floating and parallel to the body. If not, you'd need to adjust the claw screws.

Hi!
I've found very little on stringing a custom 24 with 10-52 strings. I just tried it and it sounds and feels great. However, is there anything I should be concerned about? I believe default is 10-46.
Yeah. Will probably require a trem adjustment. Regarding the nut, I THINK you will be just fine without binding. I use 10-46 sets, but replace the low E with 52 in all my PRSi. I have not had a problem with any of the nuts.

Kevin

Thanks Guys. I did notice my bridge is slanting quite a bit. The nut seems to be fine. The 52 rests pretty free into its slot.
Since I'm not a guitar tech, I'm now considering going back to 10-46 strings. I'm afraid of making changes to the bridge that could affect the overall intonation of the guitar, which is true perfection. I guess I'll think about it some more.

Back