$1,000 PRS

henryjurstin13

I'm looking for a $1,000 PRS (used) with a tremolo. What would you buy? What would you avoid? Advice?

I currently own a PRS Archtop II & a McCarty, both stop tails.

Yay I get to say it first, CE all day! Go 24 or 22 depending on your preference for neck carve (or neck pickup position...). A few different pickup options too, so really depends on what style of music you play?

I really prefer 22 fret, as it seems to have a much warmer neck pickup sound. I don't shred around the 24th fret either. I'm a jamband & rock fan, no metal or shred.

CE 22 with fat neck all day...neck probably similar feel to what you have now...with trem...great guitars and show up used around a grand ...have fun and good luck hunting!!

I've seen CE22s for that. That would be the only $1K or under US PRS I'd expect to find with a trem, at least without issues. Of course there's the Santana SE, which would also be a great option.

I found my CE22 Standard for about that price. Might be the guitar with the best tone I have. No question, find a CE.

In addition to the CE and Standards there are some SAS that go for around your price point too.

I just saw an old school Starla in that range--if you are down with a Bigsby. If not, CE all day!

Used NF3s can go for around $1K as well (I have bought and sold one for $995). It's a very different vibe than a CE and will give you some more flavors that you won't get from your Archtop and McCarty than a CE will get you.

That's a win/win. Play 'em both with your eyes closed and choose the one that sounds/feels better.

If you get the Starla, make sure you order an Xotic Effects EP Boost to go with it.

]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©;138202 said:
That's a win/win. Play 'em both with your eyes closed and choose the one that sounds/feels better.

If you get the Starla, make sure you order an Xotic Effects EP Boost to go with it.

Buying unseen, don't have any to test out locally.

EP Boost - Starla pickups low output?

Don't know what Washington reluctance has to do with it, but...

Yeah, lower output pups. Starla is a very nice piece of work. Unique sound in the PRS lineup.

Back