The Official "Singlecut 594" Love Thread!!

I feel like black PRS guitars should have amber lamp shades.

Totally agree! Those were ordered yesterday and are one the way.

Here is the Goldtop again but this time with the proper Ivoroid Knobs:

IMG_0656_zpsgtbkjxvx.jpg

IMG_0657_zpseyvlkjme.jpg

IMG_0660_zpszluwtgy5.jpg

Fortunately my "594 Parts Bin" had two sets of Ivoroid Tuner Knobs in stock to immediately address that issue for both guitars! ;)

Totally agree! Those were ordered yesterday and are one the way.

Here is the Goldtop again but this time with the proper Ivoroid Knobs:

IMG_0656_zpsgtbkjxvx.jpg

IMG_0657_zpseyvlkjme.jpg

IMG_0660_zpszluwtgy5.jpg

Fortunately my "594 Parts Bin" had two sets of Ivoroid Tuner Knobs in stock to immediately address that issue for both guitars! ;)

Dibs?

Sure, I will add you to the list! :)

Interesting thing on the weights:

PS Proto: 8 Pounds, 9.2 Ounces
Black Beauty: 8 Pounds, 10.0 Ounces
Goldtop: 8 Pounds, 9.0 Ounces

All three almost identical in weight, and they all feel and sound great! Perfect weight for this model IMO.

I have been playing the two new ones here all weekend, and I have to say, WOW!!! These Core SC 594's are off the charts awesome. My brain hasn't processed it yet such that I can put it into words.

For years here I have been the DC 245 Ted "Club President", and then I embraced the DC 594 with even more excitement and passion just about a year ago when the GOM came out. I have always been a DC guy first, and dabbled in Singlecuts along the way.

This model is so incredible, I may just become a Singlecut guy first and foremost! ;)

Wow, I'm not sure whether I like the black beauty or gold top better! Great additions.

Thanks everyone, for the kind comments!!

So the first "Mod" on the Black Beauty was the Ivoroid Tuner Knobs, per previous post.

Second upgrade, some Black and Gold "Reflector" Knobs:

IMG_0682_zpsst4e4dsu.jpg

IMG_0683_zpskocvht3o.jpg

Looks great!!

More stuff planned... ;)
Oh yeah!
Those fit the theme quite nicely

Nice Pete! I've got an SC on hold until I can get to La Crosse in April! :)

BTW, you were right about the R8. I shipped it to Brandon at Willcutts this morning. I should have listened :(

Nice Pete! I've got an SC on hold until I can get to La Crosse in April! :)

BTW, you were right about the R8. I shipped it to Brandon at Willcutts this morning. I should have listened :(

Congrats on the SC on hold! Can't wait to see it.

Funny you should mention Willcutt's, Eric might have been at PRS this week and might have thrown another SC 594 in the oven for me while he was there... ;)

IMG_0341_zpslsr062hq.jpg

(Note the Body slab thickness - if you are doing an SC 594 and doing Mahogany Backplates, you need a really THICK piece of Mahogany!! I love that, it goes to show you how beefy the SC 594 body is!)

It will replace this one below, my beloved McCarty Singlecut in Citrus Glow Smoked Burst from 2014, which was my favorite guitar ever until the 594 came along and ruined me for the 245 scale. Doing it in a similar spec and finish.

215102-1.jpg

Ha! No worries re not listening. I think we all need to do with regards to Historics, like 3-5 times over a 10 year period, to get it out of our systems! I have gotten fully through that process now, with no regrets. Now we can both enjoy our awesome SC 594's and not wonder one bit if the grass is greener on the other side of the street! ;)

Congrats on the SC on hold! Can't wait to see it.

Funny you should mention Willcutt's, Eric might have been at PRS this week and might have thrown another SC 594 in the oven for me while he was there... ;)

IMG_0341_zpslsr062hq.jpg

(Note the Body slab thickness - if you are doing an SC 594 and doing Mahogany Backplates, you need a really THICK piece of Mahogany!! I love that, it goes to show you how beefy the SC 594 body is!)

It will replace this one below, my beloved McCarty Singlecut in Citrus Glow Smoked Burst from 2014, which was my favorite guitar ever until the 594 came along and ruined me for the 245 scale. Doing it in a similar spec and finish.

215102-1.jpg

Ha! No worries re not listening. I think we all need to do with regards to Historics, like 3-5 times over a 10 year period, to get it out of our systems! I have gotten fully through that process now, with no regrets. Now we can both enjoy our awesome SC 594's and not wonder one bit if the grass is greener on the other side of the street! ;)

Hot stuff, Pete! I was on the fence about another model singlecut, but the dealer never got back to me and dropped the ball. I lost all interest. SC594 appears to be the answer, for me.

This one so reminds me of my 75 Les Paul Custom !!!!! ( bet it sounds better ) what a great look .
I could see a single cut 594 in my future ( green or white I think :)

So the first "Mod" on the Black Beauty was the Ivoroid Tuner Knobs, per previous post.

IMG_0682_zpsst4e4dsu.jpg

IMG_0683_zpskocvht3o.jpg

Looks great!!

More stuff planned... ;)

This model is so incredible, I may just become a Singlecut guy first and foremost! ;)
ABOUT TIME!!! LOL...

...as you know, I've been predominantly an SC guys for many years and while I still have a warm place in my heart for the McCarty family of offerings, you just can't get the same lower end response / feel out of a DC - even with a thicker back.

This one so reminds me of my 75 Les Paul Custom !!!!! ( bet it sounds better ) what a great look .
I could see a single cut 594 in my future ( green or white I think :)

Mike - Glad you dig it! When I get the new ones dialed in, we'll get together and you can check them out!

I still love the Les Paul but the SC594 looks diggable for sure

Hey Tom! I know you like the beefier necks - these necks are amazing, nice and beefy, and the asymmetric carve feels FANTASTIC!

The Goldtop has a beefier neck than most. It is almost as if someone at the factory read the build sheet, saw it was to be a Goldtop, and said "oh, a Goldtop, better make this neck a little beefier", LOL...

;)

awesome upgrade Pete, looking forward for the new build.

Thanks, G!

ABOUT TIME!!! LOL...

...as you know, I've been predominantly an SC guys for many years and while I still have a warm place in my heart for the McCarty family of offerings, you just can't get the same lower end response / feel out of a DC - even with a thicker back.

Ha! I am not disagreeing at this point. But to me this time around the SC's are better in that regard, for tone and for feel. In previous generations, I have greatly preferred the DC's, DC 245 versus SC 245 and SC 58. The McCarty Singlecut PS brought that to parity with the DC 245 PS to me, but now with the 594's I think I prefer the SC. I think it is a combination of the scale length, the neck carve of the 594 models, combined with the extra thickness in the SC. I think they also tinkered with the thickness of the Maple cap and ratio of the thickness to the Mahogany body, both the SC and DC models. And maybe even the shape of the carved tops for both.

Perfection!! (For both the SC and the DC!)

Your cup continues to runneth over!!! I love that flame, and I've ALWAYS been a sucker for Tobacco Burst. How do I not own one of those?!?!?!? Love it, Pete!

Kevin

IMG_0682_zpsst4e4dsu.jpg

IMG_0683_zpskocvht3o.jpg

Looks great!!

More stuff planned... ;)

I could definitely play with those knobs even though that's not normally my thing ;)

Back