The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Wow! Pete, I just caught up on this thread, and your newest PS may be my #1 favorite electric guitar that I've ever seen. Now I just need to figure out how I can afford to spec a clone of it!

Thanks, that's quite the complement!!

I am really blown away by it, amazing guitar, for tone, feel, beauty, build quality, just absolutely stellar in every way!

Joined the party! :cool:

http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/n5d-594-wl.21365/

31484334593_87da3528e8_b.jpg

Anyone know if they are going to do a trem on the 594 for the core model? Really want a trem on this platform.

I just got done running my 594 through a Mark V:25 in EL84 mode for an hour. Just so faking batchin, dude. Chime and playability all day long. Such an awesome guitar.

Mine kicks butt through my original 6L6 Mark V, and through my EL84 AC30CC2X, so I guess it averages out.....

Mine kicks butt through my original 6L6 Mark V, and through my EL84 AC30CC2X, so I guess it averages out.....
I've got a Mark V as well. Channel One IS an EL84 channel, and may be selectable on the back, I don't remember.

EDIT: The Mark V:25 Channel One is a dedicated EL84 channel while Channel Two is 6L6. In the Mark V, you can switch the bias to either EL84 or 6L6 on the back of the amp assuming the switch position matches the actual tubes in play. It's cool you can switch it, though. I didn't realize that.

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain the 594 will kick butt through anything. I had a blast playing mostly straight into the drive channel of my Valvetech VAC50 for a few months. I've now taken to playing through my pedal board into the clean channel. The SP Compressor and Simble OD take it to another level of awesomeness.

I've been getting some inspiration by running the neck pickup split, full volume, and the bridge pup in humbucker mode, volume at 8. I get a great round, zingy tone in neck position, while the middle position keeps the clarity but shifts to more mid focus. Seems I'm regularly finding great new sounds in this thing.

I'm not sure the honeymoon will ever end with this guitar. Even changing strings is a joy with the locking keys and the excellent tailpiece design.

Sweet. Mine comes Monday. It will be my first PRS. I'm stoked. Since they are fairly new used prices aren't as low as I wanted, but I snagged a mint one for 2800. I've never sold a guitar before, but it's still nice when a guitar holds its value. I hope these continue to hold theirs.

I got a double cut 10 top in burst. I have a few Les Pauls so I wanted something with a mix between PRS and vintage Paul.

If I like it I'm going to look into a DGT as well.

Sweet. Mine comes Monday. It will be my first PRS. I'm stoked. Since they are fairly new used prices aren't as low as I wanted, but I snagged a mint one for 2800. I've never sold a guitar before, but it's still nice when a guitar holds its value. I hope these continue to hold theirs.

I got a double cut 10 top in burst. I have a few Les Pauls so I wanted something with a mix between PRS and vintage Paul.

If I like it I'm going to look into a DGT as well.
My main guitar is a les Paul 54 reissue it's well played but prs inspire me in different ways

.... As indicated above, I bought some regular 5815's this week, I think those are just over 8.5K in the bridge, I look forward to checking those out....

If you don't mind me asking, Pete. How much are the 58/15s from PRS dealers?

If you don't mind me asking, Pete. How much are the 58/15s from PRS dealers?

Unfortunately, you can't buy 58/15's from Dealers. Not sure if you can get them done at the PTC or not.

That's why it was so amazing that I scored two sets in one week!! ;)

Follow up tone report on the 594 Semi-Hollow - WOW!! Awesome.

IMG_0449_zps3eusdqbk.jpg

Best for more Vintage rock and blues tones, this sling slays for that (or cleans). When you get to the higher gain, I prefer the tone of the Solidbody 594's.

REALLY dig the middle position and blending the two pickups, that is great with all the 594's, but amazing with this Semi-Hollow.

Interesting that I have upgraded the 5815 LT's to slightly hotter PAF's (particularly for the Bridge Pickup) on some of my other 594's. Not on this one, the stock 5815 LT's sound amazing, and the Bridge one is awesome! I don't think I will ever swap pickups on this one.

SOOOOOO glad I was "brave enough" to spec a Semi-Hollow 594! I am glad that it doesn't have the F-Hole, a stealthy Semi-Hollow!! ;)

Visually, I dig everything about it, I am so happy how everything came out, the finish, the top, those awesome Edge Knot inlays, the Microburst back, the Cocobolo Pickup rings - what a unique guitar, it feels very personal, my special creation of my favorite model ever.

6 pounds, 15 ounces and awesome tone? Amazing!

P.S. Tonewise, does it beat the SC 594 PS prototype? And/or the 594 Trem? Not really, they are all totally amazing, in their own unique ways. I don't really have a favorite these days, which I think is really cool! Nothing has dethroned the SC 594 though, something about that one is truly magical. The SH is very close behind that, and the 594 Trem pretty close behind that, which is what I said a few weeks ago, I think. Good problems to have when picking a favorite is so difficult! :)

Thanks for sharing! Love reading about this one. Just a beautiful example which I am SURE also sounds amazing. I am becoming more and more drawn to the semi-hollows, even for their differing high gain tone. I imagine this one rings out even when played acoustically!

Thanks again, and enjoy it!!
Kevin

Follow up tone report on the 594 Semi-Hollow - WOW!! Awesome.

IMG_0449_zps3eusdqbk.jpg

Best for more Vintage rock and blues tones, this sling slays for that (or cleans). When you get to the higher gain, I prefer the tone of the Solidbody 594's.

REALLY dig the middle position and blending the two pickups, that is great with all the 594's, but amazing with this Semi-Hollow.

Interesting that I have upgraded the 5815 LT's to slightly hotter PAF's (particularly for the Bridge Pickup) on some of my other 594's. Not on this one, the stock 5815 LT's sound amazing, and the Bridge one is awesome! I don't think I will ever swap pickups on this one.

SOOOOOO glad I was "brave enough" to spec a Semi-Hollow 594! I am glad that it doesn't have the F-Hole, a stealthy Semi-Hollow!! ;)

Visually, I dig everything about it, I am so happy how everything came out, the finish, the top, those awesome Edge Knot inlays, the Microburst back, the Cocobolo Pickup rings - what a unique guitar, it feels very personal, my special creation of my favorite model ever.

6 pounds, 15 ounces and awesome tone? Amazing!

P.S. Tonewise, does it beat the SC 594 PS prototype? And/or the 594 Trem? Not really, they are all totally amazing, in their own unique ways. I don't really have a favorite these days, which I think is really cool! Nothing has dethroned the SC 594 though, something about that one is truly magical. The SH is very close behind that, and the 594 Trem pretty close behind that, which is what I said a few weeks ago, I think. Good problems to have when picking a favorite is so difficult! :)

Back