The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

I'm new to PRS, so I might be missing something. I've seen a couple of folks say their SC-594 has a "solid rosewood neck", yet the specs I see say the SC-594 necks are solid mahogany (but with a rosewood fretboard). The neck on mine certainly looks like mahogany. I'm guessing a rosewood neck is available as an option, but not standard. Did I miss something or not?

I'm new to PRS, so I might be missing something. I've seen a couple of folks say their SC-594 has a "solid rosewood neck", yet the specs I see say the SC-594 necks are solid mahogany (but with a rosewood fretboard). The neck on mine certainly looks like mahogany. I'm guessing a rosewood neck is available as an option, but not standard. Did I miss something or not?

Rosewood neck is an Artist Package option. (And of course Private Stock) Go to the SC594 web page and scroll down.

Looks even better on my chair! :) (N5D!)

IMG_0558_zpsvdtvez1b.jpg

IMG_0559_zpsuvrtyo6y.jpg

Pete, you're such a tease! Love the backside though!

Gorgeous! Gotta say though, nothing tops the back of your semi hollow imho. If there is ever a private stock in my future, I will be taking some serious cues from the back of that beauty!

Thanks re both!

Yes, I dig that back on the Semi-Hollow. I have another one in the oven that has that same treatment on the back! :)

I'd be very remiss if the next Collection guitar is not a 594.

Oh man, my bank account hopes NOT! ;)

N5D! Private Stock 594 in "McCarty Glow". As shown above, pretty much a straight-down-the-middle 594, except a Black Limba Body, and the Flamed Maple Headstock Veneer.

Wow, that top! Just the way I like them. Love McCarty Glow, had a McCarty Singlecut in that finish that looked gorgeous, this one is even more so! This one has a little more orange and yellow in it than the MSC, I love it...

IMG_0564_zps14v0nccd.jpg

The grain on the Cocobolo board is INSANE! I love Cocobolo.

IMG_0556_zpsswbnnojb.jpg

IMG_0552_zpsxrtdsbhe.jpg

IMG_0551_zpspxqrgqar.jpg

IMG_0550_zpsfg7vf8vv.jpg

IMG_0549_zpssjqpewte.jpg

IMG_0554_zpsirxrhai4.jpg

IMG_0557_zpsgvxsmdzk.jpg

I did not spec this one, this came from a dealer. But it is right up my alley in almost every way, as if I had spec'ed it!

First impression - Has CRUSHING tone, best of all the Doublecuts to date for that tone you look for in the type of guitar that inspired this model, if you know what I mean. More on that to follow...
:eek:

N5D! Private Stock 594 in "McCarty Glow". As shown above, pretty much a straight-down-the-middle 594, except a Black Limba Body, and the Flamed Maple Headstock Veneer.

Wow, that top! Just the way I like them. Love McCarty Glow, had a McCarty Singlecut in that finish that looked gorgeous, this one is even more so! This one has a little more orange and yellow in it than the MSC, I love it...

IMG_0564_zps14v0nccd.jpg

IMG_0556_zpsswbnnojb.jpg

IMG_0552_zpsxrtdsbhe.jpg

IMG_0551_zpspxqrgqar.jpg

IMG_0550_zpsfg7vf8vv.jpg

IMG_0549_zpssjqpewte.jpg

IMG_0554_zpsirxrhai4.jpg

IMG_0557_zpsgvxsmdzk.jpg

I did not spec this one, this came from a dealer. But it is right up my alley in almost every way, as if I had spec'ed it!

First impression - Has CRUSHING tone, best of all the Doublecuts to date for that tone you look for in the type of guitar that inspired this model, if you know what I mean. More on that to follow...

Wow!! Killer as usual. That fretboard is amazing. It's very interesting seeing PRS putting out black limba. Maybe I missed it but I don't remember seeing that wood being used before last year. How is the tone between korina and black limba?

Amazing looking guitar all around. Gratz Pete!

IMG_0564_zps14v0nccd.jpg

IMG_0556_zpsswbnnojb.jpg

IMG_0552_zpsxrtdsbhe.jpg

IMG_0551_zpspxqrgqar.jpg

IMG_0550_zpsfg7vf8vv.jpg

IMG_0549_zpssjqpewte.jpg

IMG_0554_zpsirxrhai4.jpg

IMG_0557_zpsgvxsmdzk.jpg

Holy crap!! I love EVERYTHING about this. I think this may be my favorite of yours to date. The back is beautiful. The fretboard is absolutely perfect. Even the headstock veneer is perfect!! DIBS if you ever choose to move on from her. I may not be able to resist......

Kevin

Holy crap!! I love EVERYTHING about this. I think this may be my favorite of yours to date. The back is beautiful. The fretboard is absolutely perfect. Even the headstock veneer is perfect!! DIBS if you ever choose to move on from her. I may not be able to resist......

Kevin

Very flattering remarks, thanks Kevin!

Dibs noted!! ;)

IMG_0564_zps14v0nccd.jpg

IMG_0556_zpsswbnnojb.jpg

IMG_0552_zpsxrtdsbhe.jpg

IMG_0551_zpspxqrgqar.jpg

IMG_0550_zpsfg7vf8vv.jpg

IMG_0549_zpssjqpewte.jpg

IMG_0554_zpsirxrhai4.jpg

IMG_0557_zpsgvxsmdzk.jpg

Jaw dropping as usual, congrats Pete

Back