For The Love of McCarty‘s

I’m missing at least a half dozen more. I can’t find the pics for some reason. I love the McCarty variants! In no particular order here are a handful, past and present:

aOBblzN.jpg
5lRbKDP.jpeg
G5c6B95.jpeg
fqTpSfv.jpg
KDPJPqq.jpg
zSlrupy.jpg

NYEBoqt.jpg

TtHSCxL.jpg
9jbLbz1.jpg
That charcoal DGT might be one of the best tops I have seen. Just a standout.

And yet another one from Vancouver's Rufus Guitar Shop:

$4,999.99 Cdn

Now here’s a rare bird. Between 2003-2004 PRS created a limited run of 500 of these stunning McCarty Brazilian 10 Top guitars. This is a fine example.

Fantastic condition for a 19 year old guirtar, only a couple, nearly invisible superficial surface scratches and the back of the body and a tiny white nick on the top of the lower horn give evidence of it’s preowned status. It also seems a too small flat head screwdriver was used at some point to adjust the bridge leaving a slight mark in the nickle but it does include a pair of matching gold posts that appear to have never been used.

The flamed maple cap is gorgeously rippled and set seamlessly on the solid mahogany body. The real star here is the Brazilian rosewood fretboard and headstock overlay and a beautiful Indian Rosewood neck, meticulously inlayed with pure abalone logo and signature PRS birds.

The previous owner did make some rather desirable modifications including swapping the original wrap-around tail piece with an adjustable one for better intonation. He also had the original McCarty pickups replaced with McCarty Archtop pickups for a mellower sound. The original pickups and bridge are included with this guitar. The 3-way toggle switch and output jack have also been replaced but the originals are included too.

Includes Original Hard Case, Warranty registration card, electronics cover indicating this guitar was #452 out of the 500 production run and the signed inspection hang tag which reveals this guitar was made on August 4th 2004.

A serious guitar for a serious collector.
That's a nice looking guitar but it seems priced on the high side. Either way, Here's my 99 with BRW neck. One of my favorites.

TRGVR8Eh.jpg

HtH2Q2Hh.jpg

6BC46ish.jpg

I had fun compiling images of the various McCarty variations (double cuts) that I've owned over the years.

L/R:
  • An early (I think 95) McCarty I bought used from Dave's. It was a back-up guitar to my old main CU22 from back in the day.
  • One of the original 26 IRW McSoap Standards (bought it used and sold it back to it's original owner after he reached out to me).
  • My first 1 piece top'd PRS...IRW neck on this one. I sold it to an old PRSForum member.
  • BLE McCarty limited #001 of 500...IRW neck, quilt and stained in Royal Blue (a one-off at the time). I bought this new from Jack Gretz (back in his Magdon music days)...guitar was my #1 for a LONG time.
  • McCarty 594 in river blue that I bought at PRS Experience from Moore Music (also an IRW neck).
  • McCarty 594 Wood Library (swamp ash back / maple neck) that I also bought from Dave's.
fVhWrDq.jpg

Last edited:
That's a nice looking guitar but it seems priced on the high side. Either way, Here's my 99 with BRW neck. One of my favorites.

TRGVR8Eh.jpg

HtH2Q2Hh.jpg

6BC46ish.jpg
That is one is gorgeous!!! Imo the best look for a McC.

The brazzy neck is bonkers as well, icing on the cake.

Back