Private Stock Friday

Jack Higginbotham mentioned while leading our factory tour that he was having a no pickup jazz guitar made... This must be it.

psf137-1000-05-jpg.5822

Jack Higginbotham mentioned while leading our factory tour that he was having a no pickup jazz guitar made... This must be it.

psf137-1000-05-jpg.5822
Yeah, I was eyeballing that, wondering if it was piezo-equipped or just plain old "no pickups, make it acoustic only, dude!"

Jazz ain’t all about the “watts” bro! o_O
True. But usually some sort of amplification is necessary just to be heard above either other instruments and/or the crowd. Maybe for personal use only, or in a studio recording only?

btw and completely off-topic, @Alnus Rubra , why is your user name the formal species name for the North American red alder? Was that a wood used in one of your favorite guitars? You are Scottish from what I understand, I would have thought a more local species would have been your handle...

True. But usually some sort of amplification is necessary just to be heard above either other instruments and/or the crowd. Maybe for personal use only, or in a studio recording only?

btw and completely off-topic, @Alnus Rubra , why is your user name the formal species name for the North American red alder? Was that a wood used in one of your favorite guitars? You are Scottish from what I understand, I would have thought a more local species would have been your handle...
The comment about jazz was “tongue in cheek”, I’m sure you knew that. I totally agree that some form of amplification would be needed.

With regard my user name, you are correct. I have a natural finish, S style guitar, the body of which is a cracking piece of red alder. It’s loaded with p90’s and has a beautiful flamed maple neck.

Thanks for your question.

Back