Private Stock Friday

*sigh*
I barely made it the 30 miles home last night in the snow. Now, I could send *someone* some $$ and they could drive to Palos Hills and Skype me in...:rolleyes:

Good idea! Sergio was texting me yesterday about how much Paco wants to visit Palos Hills.

CK_290TreeOfLifeBody.JPG

We can’t have a week without some private stock

Yummy stuff! You still have that Santana?
Is the Santana walnut?

I still have all three. Years ago, I took this wood to PRS (can’t do it anymore). First guitar is the first PRS spalted maple. The second one is the first claro back. It was supposed to have a pink ivory top that I took in, but that didn’t work out and ended up with a quilt top. The last guitar, the Santana, is indeed marbled crotch English walnut and is cut from a single block. In hindsight. I wish that I hadn’t included the single mop Santana stripe down the middle. It’s about as unique and unusual as any guitar I own.

Last edited:
I still have all three. Years ago, I took this wood to PRS (can’t do it anymore). First guitar is the first PRS spalted maple. The second one is the first claro back. It was supposed to have a pink ivory top that I took in, but that didn’t work out and ended up with a quilt top. The last guitar, the Santana, is indeed marbled crotch English walnut and is cut from a single block. In hindsight. I wish that I hadn’t included the single mop Santana stripe down the middle. It’s about as unique and unusual as any guitar I own.

I sure is some good wood!

That is one sweet piece of walnut, I was wondering if it was European.

I have a quilt top with a sweet one piece walnut back. So I’m totally digging the Santana. Love it, so cool.

Thank you to Hunter for all the great pics! Also, thanks to you guys for the impromptu PSF, I can't believe how much I look forward to it every week!

Pink Ivory?!?!? I wanna see, I wanna see...got any pics?

Back