Private Stock Friday

That blue CU24 picture just makes me want to play. And man, do the squabbins look absolutely perfect there.

When the squabbins were first announced, my traditionalist kicked in and I wasn't sure I liked them. Then I listened to my inner PRSh voice memory telling me that we had to give things a chance, and I've come full circle on the squabbins. They don't seem odd to me at all now.

That blue CU24 picture just makes me want to play. And man, do the squabbins look absolutely perfect there.

When the squabbins were first announced, my traditionalist kicked in and I wasn't sure I liked them. Then I listened to my inner PRSh voice memory telling me that we had to give things a chance, and I've come full circle on the squabbins. They don't seem odd to me at all now.
Very excited about seeing this man. Ive been looking at PSF since it started and dreaming of doing my own build one day. Finally got the chance last year to make it happen and I've been waking up first thing every saturday morning (in Aus) waiting to see a glimpse of my build. I was so pumped seeing it come up this week and can't wait to to share a NGD with you guys soon.

So many 7s this week...
No one liked the zombie 7 string neck?
Yeah, three that I could spot!

If you mean hitting the "Like" button, I don't do that very often in this thread if at all, since I kinda Like everything!

EDIT: ooh, and I just realized one of those 7-stringers has a trem (or at least the back cut out for it!).

Any examples of Private Stock Baritone guitars?
With Steven Wilson and Mike Mushok both using PRS baritones, and other recognizable artists I'm sure, there must have been an uptick in PS Baritone builds at some point, but I don't recall seeing any in this thread.

So many 7s this week...
No one liked the zombie 7 string neck?
I believe this is the neck for my new 7 :)
Yeah, three that I could spot!

If you mean hitting the "Like" button, I don't do that very often in this thread if at all, since I kinda Like everything!

EDIT: ooh, and I just realized one of those 7-stringers has a trem (or at least the back cut out for it!).
I'm just not very observant, thanks to you all for making me go back and search out the third one.

Here's the third one, for reference:
psf106-1000-14-jpg.5020

psf106-1000-13-jpg.5019

Hey, you think they'd make a 7-string acoustic for me?

Wait, Steven Wilson went to Baritone? Seeing him live at The Beacon, he was digging trenches with the SC245 and the Bad Cat. Monster growl.

Glad to see a fellow prog guy in the house! Sounds like he did a lot of recording with this new guitar along with a ton of others. When I last saw him, he was playing a green custom and a gold single guy with amazing results. Steven is an odd guy. He portrays himself as a sound scape guy but totally rips on guitar.

Glad to see a fellow prog guy in the house! Sounds like he did a lot of recording with this new guitar along with a ton of others. When I last saw him, he was playing a green custom and a gold single guy with amazing results. Steven is an odd guy. He portrays himself as a sound scape guy but totally rips on guitar.
Steven Wilson playing an Emerald Green flame-topped CU22 back in 2005-ish was the reason I learned about PRS and got really enthusiastic about them! But when I saw the prices, I couldn't justify buying one based on my less-than garage-band skill level and lack of real playing. I was used to paying CDN$400 or so for my guitars, and CDN$1500 and up for a used opaque black finish with dots was just not going to happen. The SE line wasn't on my radar (I don't even recall seeing any in my local stores).

Then just over three years ago, in the midst of a marriage breakdown, I went out and got the guitar I'd always dreamt of: a 10-top Emerald Green CU24 with birds. (Unlike Mr Wilson, I liked the idea of 24 frets, and I had never owned a 24-fret guitar before.)

And now I am hooked on PRS for life!

Wait, Steven Wilson went to Baritone? Seeing him live at The Beacon, he was digging trenches with the SC245 and the Bad Cat. Monster growl.
He only uses it on a few songs. When I saw Porcupine Tree several times on the Incident tour, he really only pulled it out for one that I remember.

And someone has a model collection of all Steven's guitars, including the baritone, characterized by being blue and only having a bridge pickup. Can't find it right now.

EDIT: Found it:
http://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/steven-wilson-mini-guitar-collection.21670/

Last edited:
Back