McLaughlin & Herring to Tour Together

Wow! What a show last night! McLaughlin played a blistering set! Hard to believe he is retiring, but he's going out on top! The double-neck rocked!

And Herring rocked, too - a different style, but a great player, too!

Both Herring and McLaughlin only played PRS...

walrus

I'm so bummed I missed the show in Buffalo :( The Capital Theatre streamed the show Saturday night and it was incredible!

JSanta, check out Herring's latest album, "Subject to Change". You will enjoy the whole album, but based on your avatar, particularly the song "Twelve Keys" - he plays rhythm and melody on his PRS McCarty Hollowbody on that song...

Here is a double neck we made for John.

IMG_0507.JPG

I thoroughly loved the webcast from the Capitol Theatre. Three fantastic sets. The Invisible Whip sounded like the ARU meets Miles. The Fourth Dimension set was killer too. Etienne's bass alone is new force in the universe. As if that wasn't our money's worth, then came the Mahavishnu set. Glory to behold!

I'll be seeing them next Wednesday. Woo Hoo!

For those of you that either missed last Saturday's streaming concert or for some reason can't see them on the tour, here you go:

Here are the set lists.

Jimmy Herring and
The Invisible Whip
Capitol Theatre 11-4-17

1. John McLaughlin>
2. Les Brers in A Minor
3. Jungle Book>
Trondossa>
Jungle Book
4. 1911
5. Matt's Funk
6. Black Satin
7. Scapegoat Blues

Jeff Sipe- (drums),
Matt Slocum (B3 and Clavinet),
Jason Crosby (Fender Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Violin)
Kevin Scott (bass)

John McLaughlin and
The 4th Dimension
Capitol Theatre 11-4-17

1. Kiki
2. Miles Beyond
3. Gaza City
4. El Hombre Que Sabia
5. Senor C.S.
6. Echos From Then

Ranjit Barot (drums),
Gary Husband (keyboards, drums),
Etienne M’Bappé (bass)

John McLaughlin & Jimmy Herring
Meeting Of The Spirits
Capitol Theatre 11-4-17
Both Bands

1. Meeting of the Spirits
2. Trilogy
3. A Lotus on Irish Streams
4. Eternity's Breath
5. Dawn
6. Birds of Fire
7. Earth Ship
8. The Dance of Maya

Encore:
9. Be Happy

In a word: Epic.

In a few more words: Everyone on that stage was having the time of their lives and it showed.

No photography allowed during the show, but I got a snap of the stage before the show.

P9Tn9G7.jpg

No Jimmy Herring on it, but if you pick up the "Live at Ronnie Scott's" album, you will get a nice taste of John McLaughlin's playing this year...

Back