All about bicycles

As usual Mr. Weatherman got it wrong by assuring us there would be no rain before 3pm. At noon, 20 miles into a cold raw day’s ride, the rain came. Fortunately, an available detour got us back to the start after enduring 5 miles of cold rain. I guess it’s better than being caught out in unpredicted snow which has happened to me on quite a few occasions over the years.
It started snowing here, so I set up my trainer and tested all the hookups out.

If the snow makes it to 4”, I’ll take the FatBoy out to make tracks.

I knocked out a century today and it was above 80 degrees for the last hour and a half or so. A shop about 90-min north of me puts on an event called the Hilly Hundred. Lives up to the name with over 4100 feet of elevation gain on the route. There's only one route in the state that nets more and is an event near Orlando aptly named the Horrible Hundred.

Time to be a lump on the couch and watch the MLS conference finals. If I can stay awake...

Another Delta trip today. Has been raining for days but cleared up and was too good to miss out.
Here's a look from the top of Centre Street looking down a 13% grade to River Road. Hit over 51kmh before braking...

Tugs and barges...

And some really big ships...

Deas Island Park...

Evidence of recent rain...

Hangin' out behind the rink...

I knocked out a century today and it was above 80 degrees for the last hour and a half or so. A shop about 90-min north of me puts on an event called the Hilly Hundred. Lives up to the name with over 4100 feet of elevation gain on the route. There's only one route in the state that nets more and is an event near Orlando aptly named the Horrible Hundred.

Time to be a lump on the couch and watch the MLS conference finals. If I can stay awake...
Congrats on a C! I only did a half a dozen in my life, but they always felt great!!

Just a quickie 20kms. The greenway is still closed from the train derailment.
I asked the security guy at the south end how long it might be closed and he said mid Jan, but that is not certain.
Driving by the site the other night I could see hazmat trucks, but no train cars...
Nice day and didn't need to activate the heated gloves...

Decided to head up this steep path I'd never been on before. Thought my front wheel was going to lift...

Back