Thank you!

Seriously?
Yeah and you wanna know something else? This is funny but they were much nicer to me when I met them than Stryper's members. I didn't formally meet them like "Hi, my name is Steve. How are you doing?" with a full blown conversation but more of a "passing by" kinda deal. A couple of the members told me they like my guitar and my outfit and I thanked them. That's about it.

Stryper was in the church hall, eating lunch. I walked by and they looked up as they were eating their soup? Whatever it was, they had a strange face. Maybe they didn't want to be bothered. I'm not sure but that was also a passing by moment. However, Robert Sweet the drummer was really nice. At the gig where we opened for him, he stood outside and talked to all of us. I remember him saying "You look young and you're so skinny, I miss being skinny." I laughed because he's almost as skinny as me and I don't think he's much older.

Forgive me, I am rambling now about uninteresting memories!

Last edited:
As much as we want all of our favorite rock stars to be really cool dudes, they all aren't. Some certainly are, but others, not so much. I met Dave Mustaine backstage and he was as cool as it gets. Greated us with a joke, and asked us to stay backstage for the show (right beside the stage) "as long as we didn't take all the girls." LOL Petrucci and Portnoy were TOTALLY cool as well. Yngwie of all people was to me and overboard nice to a good friend of mine who met him.

As much as we want all of our favorite rock stars to be really cool dudes, they all aren't. Some certainly are, but others, not so much. I met Dave Mustaine backstage and he was as cool as it gets. Greated us with a joke, and asked us to stay backstage for the show (right beside the stage) "as long as we didn't take all the girls." LOL Petrucci and Portnoy were TOTALLY cool as well. Yngwie of all people was to me and overboard nice to a good friend of mine who met him.
That's awesome! Both Dave and Yngwie would be really cool to meet!! Dave does seem like a really nice guy from the interviews I've seen. Yngwie seems really funny and like he could be a bit of a pot stirrer 😆 What I wouldn't give to have a pot stirring personality!!!?

Truth. The worst one I met and spent time with was Cub Koda. I was in a band that was opening for him. We were in the green room together and I was warming up through a small Marshall practice amp. He liked my playing but man was he a hard dude to talk to. He was really full of himself and would say some really harsh things. I guess that was part of his persona and stage presence but it was uncomfortable to be around. I knew a couple of the guys that were in his band. They said that once you really get to know him you can overlook that stuff and see the real him. Maybe it was a coping mechanism.

On the complete opposite end of the scale, Jason Newsted is a very nice guy. I run into him once in a while. He lives near me and stops into the local guitar shop now and then.

Church is where I met the members of Slipknot
This does strike me as extremely odd... I'm going to have to go to my usual authority on matters such as this.

@sergiodeblanc can I get a ruling? Not in any way insinuating that Sergio is in league with the devil or anything, but on anything really weird to this small town boy, Sergio is my go-to. So, Sergio... Slipknot in church?

This does strike me as extremely odd... I'm going to have to go to my usual authority on matters such as this.

@sergiodeblanc can I get a ruling? Not in any way insinuating that Sergio is in league with the devil or anything, but on anything really weird to this small town boy, Sergio is my go-to. So, Sergio... Slipknot in church?
Lol I think it's more odd that you are asking a member for confirmation for an event they didn't attend. Members of Slipknot have been seen in church, it's nothing nu. And no matter what any member says, it won't change the fact that 3 of Slipknot's members (including frontman Corey Taylor) grew up in church, being involved in church activities. Yes, worship music, youth groups, etc. Lots of info about this out there. I just happened to be where they were, nothing for me to gain if I made up a story about "passing by" someone.

Same here, absolutely down to earth the time I talked with him in a non-musical setting. Great guy.
My friend met him behind a large venue when he came out to board the bus. He not only talked to him for a few minutes, but my friend asked him to autograph his Strat, and Yngwie not only waited, but held up the bus, while my friend went two blocks away to his car to get the guitar! The he talked to him for another minute after signing it. The bus was waiting to pull out the whole time.

Last edited:
It's a joke, man! That Speedo thing, that was for real. This was a joke.
I think Sergio is mad at me though for the comment I made about her in the Moon landing thread. She was awfully sweet before that but hasn't been talkative since. I hoenstly think she'll attack me at any given chance.

Thanks, I appreciate that. Like I said I know I ruffled a few feathers already but it's not like I was trying to lol
That's all that matters. Now, if you do it intentionally, well that's a different story. But as long as you didn't mean to, it doesn't count .

For real??? I mean, he's "flexible" but yeah, he's a guy

(Pro Tip: check for an adams apple! If you can't see that, then do the Crocodile Dundee thing)
Is that the thing he got out his pants he swung in the air in a huge circle? I still have that sound in my head!

Forums can be really weird especially when they’re comprised of mostly males. Being female I have had my share of misery on the other forum that I was on for 10 years. Some of the guys hated me there because who was I to interrupt “the old boys club”? They were down right mean to me. That’s when you know it’s time to leave and come to a civilized place.

Back