Victor Vector left due to the normie trolls

SteveGlitch

We are all one so we may as well have some fun ❤
Victor Vector is no longer with us, he never said or did anything wrong, yet was disrespected by various members. I got a message last night which stated "I'm glad you're staying, Steve, it looks like everyone loves you. I was going to stay but I've had some bad interactions and since then, some members have made me feel uncomfortable".

I think we can do better (although I wasn't included in this).

Just thought everyone should know, he will most likely not be returning. It's a sad day for the forum. We need less bullying here.

Lew would be disgusted right now.

Last edited:
I'm glad I never witnessed any of the drama here. Probably because I don't do a lot here and only check out the general discussion forum. IDK.

I've never had a problem with him or anyone else here. Hopefully he returns.
It was on the thread that got deleted by the mods (the "Paul loves Orianthi) thread... Members didn't like the thread, they trolled it down to the ground hard, Vic said that there was nothing wrong with the thread and something about him liking Orianthi and an argument flaired up between him and multiple members, members called in a mod, the mod must've agreed that there was nothing wrong with the thread I created but knew that the norm Members would keep trolling it so they deleted the thread altogether.

Vic had made some posts/comments since then, of course, but as always, members here have to get snide and throw in little jabs here and there. I get that to from some members and I know those members get a bit irritated that their troll attempts don't get a reaction from me.

In most cases, when members here try to create drama by trolling me, I'm responding but more focused on my practicing and recordings 😆

I do hope that Vic comes back as well, I gave him my email in case he ever needs to talk. It's sad but at the same time, it's easy to see why the vast majority of newer members don't stick around. They shouldn't have to deal with snide/jealous remarks from members who are online everyday, all the time. I may be capable to handle it but others may not be.

Last edited:
I think often there’s a tendency to take forums too seriously, that along with the inability to apply emotion to text and the occasional keyboard warrior make for somewhat unpleasant interactions, however, it’s a forum, I don’t think anyone should be disgruntled to such a degree they feel the need to leave.

It was on the thread that got deleted by the mods (the "Paul loves Orianthi" thread... Members didn't like the thread, they trolled it down to the ground hard, Vic said that there was nothing wrong with the thread and something about him liking Orianthi and an argument flaired up between him and multiple members, members called in a mod, the mod must've agreed that there was nothing wrong with the thread I created but knew that the norm Members would keep trolling it so they deleted the thread altogether.

I didn't even realize it was deleted. I don't care for her music but she is talented. Besides that, she's a total smoke show.

Vic had made some posts/comments since then, of course, but as always, members here have to get snide and throw in little jabs here and there. I get that to from some members and I know those members get a bit irritated that their troll attempts don't get a reaction from me.

In most cases, when members here try to create drama by trolling me, I'm responding but more focused on my practicing and recordings 😆

I do hope that Vic comes back as well, I gave him my email in case he ever needs to talk. It's sad but at the same time, it's easy to see why the vast majority of newer members don't stick around. They shouldn't have to deal with snide/jealous remarks from members who are online everyday, all the time. I may be capable to handle it but others may not be.

I have noticed, unfortunately, that there are certain cliques on most name brand forums. The old Carvin forum was terrible for that. Lots of fanbois. I'm surprised I haven't caught more flack here with my criticism about how the PRS company has changed in the last 20 years. It wouldn't bother me though if it did happen. F 'em.

I think often there’s a tendency to take forums too seriously, that along with the inability to apply emotion to text and the occasional keyboard warrior make for somewhat unpleasant interactions, however, it’s a forum, I don’t think anyone should be disgruntled to such a degree they feel the need to leave.

Exactly! I don't understand why anyone would allow some stranger on a forum to get under their skin enough to be a jerk to others or leave. It's basically the land of make believe.

I didn't even realize it was deleted. I don't care for her music but she is talented. Besides that, she's a total smoke show.

I have noticed, unfortunately, that there are certain cliques on most name brand forums. The old Carvin forum was terrible for that. Lots of fanbois. I'm surprised I haven't caught more flack here with my criticism about how the PRS company has changed in the last 20 years. It wouldn't bother me though if it did happen. F 'em.
Yeah, he did mention that "cliques" thing as well, it's strange because usually we don't see that behavior typically in men, so it is a bit odd. As I said in another thread if I got into an argument, members who don't particularly like me will swamp in to like the other sides' comments. It becomes more and more obvious after a bit.

I decided to stay basically to spite those who want me gone, ironically, if I didn't get certain behaviors from particular members, I honestly maybe would have been gone by now 😅

Hate to see someone leave the forum with hard feelings. Hopefully he decides to return ;)

Maybe it's a generational thing(?) Being an old guy my perspective is much different than most who grew up with on-line tech. To me it's just an advanced pen-pal type of thing, and if someone I don't know replies to a post with a poor attitude-- water off a ducks back; it probably has more to do with that person than anything else (they're having a bad day, posted before coffee, wife's cat bit them, etc.).

Somehow I missed the conversation in question, but if the guy likes Orianthi, more power to him-- who the heck am I to criticize someone for their musical opinion? Heck, my musical palette ranges from Iron Maiden to The Carpenters, and a lot in-between :D

Sometimes it's best to step away from the online world, let emotions level out. Perhaps VV will return with a fresh perspective~

For me, I say it’s an internet forum, to celebrate share and discuss music, ideas and gear as well as lay praise to our 6 strings. Some people just wanna watch the world burn, 99% of those “trouble makers” online you’d happily share a beer and jam with IRL

I wouldn't state RIP in case somebody left an internet forum. Taking part in a forum is on voluntary base. There's always coming and going, and: Don't block a traveller.

Yesterday one of my best friends passed away by the age of 46, after suffering more than half a year of several diffuse symptoms. The nurse told me the day before his prognosis of returning to health is positive.

Therefore I beg you to select the proper wording for someone who's tired only of this forum and certain members.

Thanks for your dear convenience.

Last edited:
I would state RIP in case somebody left an internet forum. Taking part in a forum is on voluntary base. There's always coming and going, and: Don't block a traveller.

Yesterday one of my best friends passed away by the age of 46, after suffering more than half a year of several diffuse symptoms. The nurse told me the day before his prognosis of returning to health is positive.

Therefore I beg you to select the proper wording for someone who's tired only of this forum and certain members.

Thanks for your dear convenience.

Condolences on your loss.

I would state RIP in case somebody left an internet forum. Therefore I beg you to select the proper wording for someone who's tired only of this forum and certain members.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
I understand how the title may trigger you and others, apologies for that. Sorry for your loss. And I also took the time and fixed the last line of your comment as well....

And then there's the fact that I don't know if Vic is alive or what, I don't know what his health is like either. He's 58 and is dealing with "life" things outside the forum, that's all know.
Too bad...i liked his posts. His loss.
Me too, seemed like a genuinely good guy who was always trying to bring positivity to the forum.. unlike me. Everything I do is usually considered negative or whatever (even though it's not). Not trying to make this about me though :)

We will all miss Vic!!

Last edited:
Hate to see someone leave the forum with hard feelings. Hopefully he decides to return ;)

Maybe it's a generational thing(?) Being an old guy my perspective is much different than most who grew up with on-line tech. To me it's just an advanced pen-pal type of thing, and if someone I don't know replies to a post with a poor attitude-- water off a ducks back; it probably has more to do with that person than anything else (they're having a bad day, posted before coffee, wife's cat bit them, etc.).

Somehow I missed the conversation in question, but if the guy likes Orianthi, more power to him-- who the heck am I to criticize someone for their musical opinion? Heck, my musical palette ranges from Iron Maiden to The Carpenters, and a lot in-between :D

Sometimes it's best to step away from the online world, let emotions level out. Perhaps VV will return with a fresh perspective~
Vic, the guy who left, is 58. I'm almost 45. I wish I had the chance to grow up after the 24k modem was invented. This new generation seems very blessed and more able to cope with things better than us ole' timers. As well as be able to take jokes better.

We can hope he comes back, I for one, agree. Since he seems legit.

Despite the dishonesty of certain normies/members here claiming that there hasn't been anything negative going on til certain newer members coming along, I think it hardens back to the fact that a handful of older members are trying to backseat mod and control the forum. It's usually accomplished by passive aggressive bullying, trolling, gang ups and similar "reaction" behaviors.

Yeah, the RIP threw me too. When I read the thread title, I was concerned about his well being. Sorry to see him gone from here and I hope he returns, but I'm glad it appears that he is apparently/hopefully alive and well in the real world.

I’m only a few years younger than the departed. I’m really not a huge contributor on this site, but certainly wouldn’t let trolls run me off. How’s that saying go… “I’m old enough to know better, but young enough not to care”.
Maybe he’ll return someday.

Well, this is certainly a shame! He was one of the very few members who was actually posting music (and well done videos) he created, which I value more than what anyone has to say about gear, guitars, other artists, moon landings, politics or religion ;~)) Even if I do not like the music a forumite has created, I would still rather see/hear that than opinions on products and people (though of course, some music could be about those very things).

As for the cliques, I will say that they do exist here and on the other 2 forums I am a part of (but I believe it is true of any group of almost any size). And that is fine, some people thrive on exclusion and aggrandizing their value by being a part of a smaller group. That is their problem, not mine, even if they do decide to be condescending or ignore my input! I state my opinion when I think it is relevant to the topic, help when I can and make jokes as often as possible. Beyond that, I scroll away from anything I don't like and it is over ;~))

Victor, if you read this, I hope you come back! Steve, thanks for starting this thread to bring attention to this matter! Others, looking forward to hearing music you have created and decide to share with us ;~))

Back