Acoustic vs electric

Danerada

Goatee Practitioner
So I was playing this past week and all I was running was my acoustic into an acoustic amp and micing that into the PA. I find that I am more comfortable on acoustic than I am on electric. I thoroughly enjoyed playing acoustic this past week...I feel like its my first love...

Any of you guys in the same boat?

Electric is definately my first love, but I do like the simplicity of an acoustic. Just get on stage.. Plug into the PA or acoustic amp and with a good singer that's all you need to please a crowd.

I would never be without an acoustic. I've owned my Taylor 510ce longer than any of the 20-30 electrics I've owned. I do admit GASing for a PRS acoustic, but they are out of my price range (USA acoustics anyway).

p.s. with the new smartphone app/technology, you can play your electric thru any amp you want and plug right into the PA... see the threads on iRig/Ampitube, etc.

I would never be without an acoustic. I've owned my Taylor 510ce longer than any of the 20-30 electrics I've owned. I do admit GASing for a PRS acoustic, but they are out of my price range (USA acoustics anyway).

p.s. with the new smartphone app/technology, you can play your electric thru any amp you want and plug right into the PA... see the threads on iRig/Ampitube, etc.

I used to run my old BOSS GT-10 into the PA (And occasionally amp) when I was last in a band. But with an acoustic it's not just the technical ease but you just strum a few chords and you can please a room. I love both I suppose for differing reasons.

When I play an acoustic I have to think about the approach to the guitar a little differently than an electric.

Last edited:
My first love is acoustic. Whats odd is that I have never really owned a great acoustic. I have one really good playing american ovation elite, but what I have always really wanted was a nice...NICE acoustic. I think the prs's are just dreamy but I will never afford one. My style really suits acoustic more with lots of finger picking.

Back