Me, ruminating and flip-flopping again...debating going strictly acoustic

What other acoustic gear do you need, like one of those foot stools or a ruffled shirt?

tumblr_nvtblporT61u5xvbuo1_1280.jpg
That’s for shredding like Yngwie Malmsteen or that weirdo Maestro Alex Gregory.

Thanks all for the replies, I'm still very much debating.

Les, the grill cloth will come off pretty easily if I sell the amp.

It's not even that I need stuff, or the money, it's more that I hate to see good gear sit unplayed.

But....
:eek::eek::eek:
But...
:eek::eek::eek:
But....
o_Oo_Oo_O
But... your title! Your forum status! Your core identity... all are at stake here! The forum NEEDS you! The forum NEEDS a Velamaster. I don't think we can even entertain the thought of you selling the last Vela without both nomination of, and forum approval of, a suitable replacement. And let's face it. THERE AIN'T NONE!

Where's the tylenol?

You raise excellent points.

Late to the party, as usual. Pedals and stuff can be replaced. A guitar is almost irreplaceable if its one you loved. Keep the Vela and amp, no matter what. You never know what jam may come your way.

This has been said already in the thread which I hope guides you.

Whichever you decide you'll find out if it was the right choice in time.

I've regretted selling a lot of guitars. Some I will never get back! Especially my Bond guitar with aluminum stepped frets. Wah!!!

Thank you! What's your music like? I play mostly Breedloves and my National. What acoustic guitars do you play?

I play Eastmans at the moment - an AC322 and an AC222, I freaking love them. Considering adding an Eastman slope shoulder as well.

My trio plays mostly acoustic rock and blues, singer songwriter stuff. Eagles, Beatles, Dead, Dylan, some originals, a little Lightfoot...when doing stuff solo, I stay more with the singer songwriter and less blues.

I play Eastmans at the moment - an AC322 and an AC222, I freaking love them. Considering adding an Eastman slope shoulder as well.

My trio plays mostly acoustic rock and blues, singer songwriter stuff. Eagles, Beatles, Dead, Dylan, some originals, a little Lightfoot...when doing stuff solo, I stay more with the singer songwriter and less blues.
Nice! I like all those artists. Those Eastmans are nice! Chinese violin makers originally...or so I've heard. I played Blueridge guitars and Taylors for a long time. Now I'm a Breedlove guy.

Late to the party, as usual. Pedals and stuff can be replaced. A guitar is almost irreplaceable if its one you loved. Keep the Vela and amp, no matter what. You never know what jam may come your way.

This has been said already in the thread which I hope guides you.

Whichever you decide you'll find out if it was the right choice in time.

I've regretted selling a lot of guitars. Some I will never get back! Especially my Bond guitar with aluminum stepped frets. Wah!!!
whoa whoa you had a bond? what happened?

What Rick said :)
If your back itches and you can’t quite reach it, you buy a back scratcher. If it stops itching for a while, you don’t sell the back scratcher, because… IT WILL ITCH AGAIN! ;)

On a serious note: I know what you’re saying, but after reading your posts for the last two years I can’t imagine you not missing it almost immediately. I think the “acoustic gig” is taking your focus away from the Vela/ electric rig, which is fine, but I can’t believe it has taken away your DESIRE for the electric rig and what it offers. You always do YOU, and don’t let guys on the internet, even if they are close enough to share the same weather, tell you what you should do. But… IMHO, don’t sell it!

Back