shinksma's current (and certainly not final) pedalboard configuration

shinksma

What? I get a title?
As noted in the Electric Instruments section, I've acquired all three PRS pedals.

This is the current configuration of my practice/regular gigging board, now that I've added the Mary Cries. (I have a good handful of other boards bigger and smaller for various other purposes, all populated with the large collection that is all my other pedals.)

I also decided to use my (otherwise non-utilized) Volto battery as a power supply because I'm not sure how easily accessible a power outlet will be for tonight's short (40min set) gig. It should last several hours with this configuration. I did a trial run earlier and it lasted almost an hour and didn't lose a bar of charge level - that's all I need for tonight.

Yeah, my OCD needs me to straighten out some of those pedals, but I had just reconfigured it and slapped the Volto underneath - note that I can turn it on/off from above, and monitor battery level. My previous installation of it on a one-row board made that not possible, so I had to flip that board over a bit to power up and see how it was doing. The Mary Cries was a little narrower than I had thought, so I can shift the pedals around a bit since there is some wiggle room.

I use the LS-2 to switch between two "loops": an acoustic loop through the Body Rez only, and an electric loop through the Mary Cries->Horsemeat->"Distortion" (Rat Clone)->DMBL->American Sound. Then the result of the loop selection goes through the WTTT->Verb-O-Trem->RV-3->Katana to the amp/PA. The tuner feeds the input to the LS-2.

The Joyo American Sound is there for when I don't plug into a guitar amp and instead go straight into the PA (via mixing board) or into an acoustic amp - it emulates a Fender-ish amp nicely. The BodyRez is there for when I use electric guitars (piezo-equipped or not) to fill out the sound for an acoustic-ish tone.

The DMBL is almost always on.

This board gets me the tones I hear in my head for today. I'm sure it will evolve again before long.

Z7bfRw3.jpg

Thanks everyone! The Volto did its job - after being on for ~50 min the level was at 2 bars still. I'm going to charge it up and run it down this afternoon to see how long a realistic timeline I have.

Due to the musical selections last night, I never used dirt (so MC and HM ignored) and the only modulation I needed, for one song, was from the Trem O Verb. So the WTTT also got ignored. Lol.

The Volto did its job - after being on for ~50 min the level was at 2 bars still. I'm going to charge it up and run it down this afternoon to see how long a realistic timeline I have.
Replying to myself, possibly just so I can look back at this at some future time ("Hi, future shinksma!") - I ran the board from a full charge on the Volto battery, with about half the pedals on, and the tuner on for about 1 or 2 hours. (Tuner might be the most power hungry.) I'm not sure whether having the pedals on really matters in this kind of test - I believe most pedals are "on" at all times, it's just whether the signal is bypassed or going through the circuit.

It lasted just over 4 hrs, which is what I hoped/expected. That's plenty long enough for any of the short-set gigs I typically do these days, and is enough for maybe a longer 3-hour set like we sometimes get. And if not, I just need to remember to plug it in - the Volto will power the pedals while plugged in, even charging if there is sufficient excess current.

I never considered Volto. I don't play life, though. If I could, I would steal your idea. I used to work for FBT, doing FOH presentations and I remember how unreliable power can be. With Volto, one less thing to worry about.

As noted in the Electric Instruments section, I've acquired all three PRS pedals.

This is the current configuration of my practice/regular gigging board, now that I've added the Mary Cries. (I have a good handful of other boards bigger and smaller for various other purposes, all populated with the large collection that is all my other pedals.)

I also decided to use my (otherwise non-utilized) Volto battery as a power supply because I'm not sure how easily accessible a power outlet will be for tonight's short (40min set) gig. It should last several hours with this configuration. I did a trial run earlier and it lasted almost an hour and didn't lose a bar of charge level - that's all I need for tonight.

Yeah, my OCD needs me to straighten out some of those pedals, but I had just reconfigured it and slapped the Volto underneath - note that I can turn it on/off from above, and monitor battery level. My previous installation of it on a one-row board made that not possible, so I had to flip that board over a bit to power up and see how it was doing. The Mary Cries was a little narrower than I had thought, so I can shift the pedals around a bit since there is some wiggle room.

I use the LS-2 to switch between two "loops": an acoustic loop through the Body Rez only, and an electric loop through the Mary Cries->Horsemeat->"Distortion" (Rat Clone)->DMBL->American Sound. Then the result of the loop selection goes through the WTTT->Verb-O-Trem->RV-3->Katana to the amp/PA. The tuner feeds the input to the LS-2.

The Joyo American Sound is there for when I don't plug into a guitar amp and instead go straight into the PA (via mixing board) or into an acoustic amp - it emulates a Fender-ish amp nicely. The BodyRez is there for when I use electric guitars (piezo-equipped or not) to fill out the sound for an acoustic-ish tone.

The DMBL is almost always on.

This board gets me the tones I hear in my head for today. I'm sure it will evolve again before long.

Z7bfRw3.jpg
Nice board! Do you use the flanger a lot? I am thinking about trying one. I have a Verb O Trem as well but run my delay into it instead.

Back