A 2024 return from MA Pete - Quadruple NGD with a plot twist on the scale length...

Welcome back Pete. Sorry for your loss. You always seem to inject excitement into the forum when you are actively posting with your enthusiasm for PRS Guitars and detailed reviews.

On a side note, we should start sports car / muscle car thread as I am sure there are many more gear heads here on the forum. Would love to see your cars and everyone else's. Well, after writing that I realized there is no off topic section on these forums. Oh well.

Good to see you again!

Oh and dibs on that Tremonti ;)

The smaller 4x2 might do the trick for me. Maybe that would help me keep it to just 4 Amps! :)
Do I ever feel that! I only have four amps, but I have four more amp inputs/outputs that are unused. I'm soooo tempted to fill them all.

One nice thing about the 4x2 is that you don't need a rack for it, but since I have a rack in the guitar area, using it was mandatory! ;)

The other thing is that I have 4 speaker cabs; as it is, they're all wired up, and I have no outlet for my load box unless I disconnect one of the cabs. I use a mike 99% of the time, so it's not a big deal, but if I were to get an OX Box, I'd really want to add another set of speaker outputs.

Postscript: I forgot to mention that I know the rack units can be used to assemble a complex system because they are designed to interface with one another. I'm not sure whether the smaller units can do that if one day you decide to build a more complex system. The website doesn't make the answer clear at all, so I'd definitely ask Markus Hospenthal before buying (he designs and builds them).

Last edited:
I am with you on liking the feel of the trem under the right hand.

I don't rest my hand on the bridge unless I'm palm muting, but one of the reasons I dislike Strats and love PRS' is the feel of that PRS bridge when I palm mute. It's just so much nicer, and works better for me, too.

This is unimportant, but I also like the look of nickel plating more than chrome plating, and PRS is all about the nickel.

I don't rest my hand on the bridge unless I'm palm muting, but one of the reasons I dislike Strats and love PRS' is the feel of that PRS bridge when I palm mute. It's just so much nicer, and works better for me, too.

This is unimportant, but I also like the look of nickel plating more than chrome plating, and PRS is all about the nickel.

Yes, I am liking the feel of the Trem guitars, both for the feel with the right hand, and the liveliness the Trem creates in the resonance and feel of the guitar.

I ended up getting in a Tremonti Trem to compare to the Tremonti Stoptail. They were both terrific, but I did definitely prefer the Trem version. I returned the Stoptail, it was still within the return window. (I haven't done an NGD on the new one yet...)

:)

Well, that notion above didn't last long! I ordered a DC 594 today. :)

I decided I wanted some short scale goodness in the mix...
You had to! Because you're the famous (or to our wives the infamous) MA Pete!

"But honey, there's a guy on the PRS Forum who buys 'em like a dozen at a time, I'm not nearly as bad."

"If he jumped off the Empire State Building would you do the same thing?"

"Are you kidding? Of course! He's a shining example to us all!"

Last edited:

"But honey, there's a guy on the PRS Forum who buys 'em like a dozen at a time, I'm not nearly as bad."

This is more or less fact.

If I saw Pete jump off a bridge I’d assume there were guitars at the bottom.

This is more or less fact.

If I saw Pete jump off a bridge I’d assume there were guitars at the bottom.

Ha-ha!

I have been watching a bunch of Utkarsh's videos on YouTube - and that makes me feel great about my very modest collection, "just" 4 PRS Guitars with a 5th one inbound. Versus his 80 guitars and his thinking about thinning the herd! :)

You gotta try a new Santana!

Ha! Yes, that is on my list of potential additions, maybe at the top of the list. We shall see with regard to how I like the incoming DC 594, and switching between the two scale lengths (25 inch and 24.594 inch), this time around.

And then of course I would need to wait for a 2024 Santana with the new specs to show up at a dealer, with a top and finish that I like. Who knows how long that will take! ;)

Ha! Yes, that is on my list of potential additions, maybe at the top of the list. We shall see with regard to how I like the incoming DC 594, and switching between the two scale lengths (25 inch and 24.594 inch), this time around.

And then of course I would need to wait for a 2024 Santana with the new specs to show up at a dealer, with a top and finish that I like. Who knows how long that will take! ;)
May the power of the 594 flow deeply within you... :cool:

Back