You're Killing Me, Deblanc!

alantig

Zombie Four, DFZ
I went to the PRS day at my local store (I haven't posted to that thread about the day yet, but I will later in the week). This part is limited to the guitar portion of the day. There were a couple guitars there that aren't normally at the store. My fear was that a gold sparkle Vela or a 594 would show up. They didn't. There was a black Vela, but I wasn't tempted.

But...there were three CE24s, one in a dark cherry sunburst, one sparkle green with a natural back, and one wrap-around sparkle green. All unfinished (or maybe satin) maple necks. 85/15 pickups, which I hadn't played before, but wanted to hear.

But a little voice in my head (which had to talk over the other voices that are usually there) said, "Sergio would want you to..." So I played one. Pretty nice guitars - there was a little something happening that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Later in the day, when Brian Ewald was demoing the Sonzera amp, he played one of the CEs and was describing a few things, including the trem. He talked about the metal in the trem and how the less-expensive metal gives the guitar a different tone, and that the CE can get really close to a Tele sound because of the treble that it helps add. And that's when it clicked with me what I was hearing with the CE.

It was not quite enough to push me over the edge Saturday, but man, I thought about it. It's another guitar now that, in the right circumstances, I might have to jump.

It's all Sergio's fault. (Just because of that, I'm not doing anything unless I find a blue one!)

Sounds interesting....gonna loom for pics later

"loom"? ...dang cel phones... I typed "LOOK" dammit! :confused:

Last edited:
I think Bryan is on to something about the bridge materials. I know some people are down on the choice of the SE trem, but bolt on maple neck with the steel trem block should give it a great, snappy tone.

The neck finish is their "in the wood" forumula, whatever that is.

Champagne Gold is certainly very snazzy.

THIS is what I wanna see!

Not the best pic, but...

pns2017ce24.jpg

Those pictures give a better representation of the color than mine.

Back