Your Pedal of Choice : Dirt Pedals

Harker1440

The Age Old Debate thread I started has inspired me to start a new series of threads called Your Pedal of Choice. Its a thread where you can share what gear you're using to shape your tone.

First Up Dirt Pedals
What pedals are you using to Dirty up your tone and drive your amp

Right Now I'm using the Bogner Red and Blue Ecstasy pedals to drive a Crate Powerblock

BRENT MASON-HOT WIRED, OD/DIST. Run that into an eventide eclipse processor. From there the signal is split and sent to a mesa boogie F-30 and a mesa boogie nomad 55.

I use to have a Carl Martin Quattro, non-tremolo version, and I really liked the two dirt pedals build into it. I loved that unit. I have heard the new Bogner stuff is amazing also.

Anyone try the Fulltone Plimsoul? I was looking at an OCD last week, then saw the Plimsoul, ended up leaving empty handed after all.

Anyone try the Fulltone Plimsoul? I was looking at an OCD last week, then saw the Plimsoul, ended up leaving empty handed after all.

I have one, it was my main dirt pedal for at least a year when I was doing cover band gigs. It's slightly noisier than the OCD, but a great pedal, in my opinion. My only complaint on that one is that my Mesa Boogie absolutely hates it (while not having any issues with the OCD) so you may want to try it into the same kind of amp that you normally play through before committing. (works great with a PRS Sweet 16 and a Fender Hot Rod)

D

Yes, it's great. I liked it so much I sent one to my son to use on his projects.

They're different, of course...both very useful.

Either a Klon clone or a Keeley T.M.B to goose an already crunchy/ driven amp.

I use an Ibanez TS9DX turbo and for heavier stuff a Digitech Hardwire Metal Distortion.

Right now...visual sound Rt. 66, voodoo labs sparkle drive, bogner ecstasy blue. I'll probably pick up an exctasy red at some point.

Mojo Hand FX Rook.. Discovered it by seeing it on Brad Whitford's board.

It's like having the best TS-808 type (Landgraff, etc), a Klon, and a Tim all in one pedal. It is extremely versatile and very musical.

Back