YES!!! The S2 Line Finally Hit My Local Sam Ash!!!

NomadMike

And it was two Customs stuck in the dark, dank, dusty PRS corner with five other PRS, a mix of Core and SE.:rolleyes:

Well, I guess it's a start.

A Gibson Melody Maker! I had to trade the Mira and toss in some cash for it but I think I got a great deal!

OK, you caught me. I just picked up some cables, but since it was a slow night at the store I did manage to quickly try out a few Gibsons, including the Melody Maker and Gibby Studio. The S2 Custom 24 which was super comfy, setup was great and the neck of course was identical to my Mira's, sounded OK but I felt I'd need to take more time to dial in it's tone to do it justice. The Studio played well, setup seemed OK, sounded good but I can't get around that un-finish Gibson is using. The ones lower than the Studio I won't bother talking about.

Yeah, my local GC finally got an S2 in. I whined and complained about no S2s for sale in my area for about a year, and now there has been one for about a month, a S2CU24 in blue crab smoke or whatever they call it, but I haven't had any free time to go check it out. I wouldn't buy that model or color but I really just want to check out an S2.

I will admit to being disappointed that the only models they had were both Customs. I was hoping for a Starla, a Mira or a SC, something that would get the attention of the guys like me who see a Custom and move right on to the Gibson rack.
Hope they sell quick so maybe they'll get some other models in.

Back